New Delhi sources stated that Chief Election Commission cited technical issues as the reason for not able to conduct the parallel polls. Chief election commissioner OP Rawat said "We don't have enough VVPATs to conduct simultaneous polls". Meanwhile it is estimated that 34 lakh ballot units, 26 lakh control units and 27 lakh VVPAT (voter-verifiable paper audit trail) machines would be needed, where the EC cannot place an order for additional machines without necessary legal framework.
Moreover this need required changes in the relevant laws, including amendments to the Constitution. Furthermore after the legal framework sanctions the simultaneous polls, the EC has to assess the additional requirement of EVMs and VVPAT units and present a budget to the government for procuring the additionally required machines and then have to place an order with the manufacturers.
Meanwhile with very little time for 2019 general
elections, the chances of simultaneous polls look bleak. Mainly for beginners,
Ballot and Control Units of the EVMs will be delivered by the two PSU
manufacturers Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) and Electronics Corporation of India
Ltd (ECIL). Already, the VVPAT delivery is said to be behind the schedule.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant