According to sources a Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) inter-state bus plying between Karnataka and Kerala was stranded on a flooded road in Wayanad on Wednesday, due to the heavy rains. Meanwhile the bus that started service from Kozhikode to Bengaluru on Tuesday night, broke down in Sulthan Bathery, after which, the passengers were put on another bus and the journey resumed later.
Currently KSRTC has cancelled all bus services from Bengaluru to three districts of Kerala, mainly Kannur, Kozhikode and Kasargod and however, a few morning buses from Bengaluru to Kerala have already started. Furthermore as per report Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has also cancelled its premium services between Bengaluru and Mangaluru.
The official said the buses that started from parts of Kerala to Bengaluru
last night are yet to reach its destination because of the heavy rains and
flood. Moreover at least nine buses are stuck in transit in several places,
including Thamarassery and Kuttiadi. Hence holiday has been declared on August
16 for all educational institutions, including professional colleges in
Thrissur, Ernakulam, Pathanamthitta and Kottayam districts.
Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP? Even before Telugu Desam Party could come out of the shock from the defection of four Rajya Sabha members from Telugu Desam Party – Y S Chowdary, T G Venkatesh, C M Ramesh, and Garikapati Mohan Rao, senior leader, and former MP from Narsaraopet Rayapati Sambasiva Rao is also all set to quit the party and join the BJP.
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?
- WB released $250 Million for post flood construction work for Kerala
- Few places of Chennai received heavy Rainfall
- SBI fined for violating asset classification norms: RBI
- Kia Seltos CEOs Letter raises Trolling & Criticism
- Opposition Parties meets Governor regarding construction of New Telangana Secretariat
- BJP MLA's daughter and her Husband on the run since they announced their marriage