Accordingly visuals of floods in and around the Techno park area in Kazhakoottam, Thiruvananthapuram, have been doing the rounds since Wednesday morning. Techno park CEO, Hrishikesh Nair confirmed by saying “Yes, there have been floods, but the water level is declining now”. He also added, many companies are not functioning today, since it is a closed holiday on account of Independence Day.
Meanwhile the water from the Thettiyar canal within the campus has risen and flowed into the campus, says Abhilash, administrative head of Technopark, which is known as the greenest IT park in the country. Moreover Sajad of the Kazhakuttam police station says, “There is no risk to the employees on the campus and no companies need to be evicted. It is only the service road in Phase 3 that has been affected.” Presently the situation is under control as of now, and the water now should recede, nothing else can be done”.
Furthermore a study conducted by the Thiruvananthapuram Municipal
Corporation in 2012 says that the Thettiyar thodu (canal) running in the
premises of Technopark, Kazhakuttam, is being silted up. The study had said "Protection
of Tettiyar thodu will prevent flooding and water logging in the surroundings
of the Technopark area”. Moreover Prathidwani, a socio-cultural
organization formed by Technopark employees, had begun a campaign to clean up
Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman Atlanta sources reported that the owner of several Milwaukee area gas stations who was indicted for forced labor involving aggravated abuse harboring an alien for financial gain, and document servitude has reached a plea deal in the federal case against him. Meanwhile according to media reports Harshinder Bhatia agreed to plead guilty to a federal charge of “harboring an alien for financial gain”.
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan
- Why Naidu meeting all leaders who are already opposed to PM Narendra Modi: Dr. Tamilisai