Accordingly visuals of floods in and around the Techno park area in Kazhakoottam, Thiruvananthapuram, have been doing the rounds since Wednesday morning. Techno park CEO, Hrishikesh Nair confirmed by saying “Yes, there have been floods, but the water level is declining now”. He also added, many companies are not functioning today, since it is a closed holiday on account of Independence Day.
Meanwhile the water from the Thettiyar canal within the campus has risen and flowed into the campus, says Abhilash, administrative head of Technopark, which is known as the greenest IT park in the country. Moreover Sajad of the Kazhakuttam police station says, “There is no risk to the employees on the campus and no companies need to be evicted. It is only the service road in Phase 3 that has been affected.” Presently the situation is under control as of now, and the water now should recede, nothing else can be done”.
Furthermore a study conducted by the Thiruvananthapuram Municipal
Corporation in 2012 says that the Thettiyar thodu (canal) running in the
premises of Technopark, Kazhakuttam, is being silted up. The study had said "Protection
of Tettiyar thodu will prevent flooding and water logging in the surroundings
of the Technopark area”. Moreover Prathidwani, a socio-cultural
organization formed by Technopark employees, had begun a campaign to clean up
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party