Sources from Chennai added that the ruling AIADMK on Tuesday hit out at top actor Rajinikanth for slamming Chief Minister K Palanisamy over his absence from DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi's funeral and claimed he used a condolence meeting to try to graduate from a "part-time politician" to "full-time" one. Meanwhile the senior AIADMK leader D Jayakumar said he represented the government on the chief minister's direction at the funeral of the departed DMK leader on August 8.
Moreover he said Rajinikanth should not have spoken about politics at the condolence meeting. Furthermore he told reporters “By speaking politics, it is evident that dear friend Rajinikanth lacks political maturity". Further Jayakumar, the state fisheries minister, said charismatic yesteryear actor M G Ramachandran had floated the AIADMK "only against the late DMK chief" Karunanidhi.
Meanwhile when speaking at the condolence meeting
organized by the South Indian Artistes Association for Karunanidhi on Monday,
Rajinikanth had said many leaders were present during Karunanidhi's funeral at
the Marina. "For his funeral, the whole of India came. The governor, many chief ministers and Congress president
Rahul Gandhi had come. Tamilnadu's first citizen, the chief minister, shouldn't
he have come?” moreover hitting out at Rajinikanth for his remarks, Jayakumar
said he used the occasion for his own benefit. "He has used this to try to
graduate from a part-time politician to a full-time one.”
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers