Kochi sources reported that heavy rains continued to wreak havoc in Pamba on Wednesday as authorities warned of threats of landslides. Meanwhile the water level in river Pamba increased and inundated most areas in base camp including the two bridges connecting the pilgrim centre with the main land.
Moreover for the first time in the temple history, the sanctorum opened for 'Niraputhari' celebrations on Wednesday morning without the presence of the Tantri. Presently with river Pamba in spate, the group including Tantri had to be taken through Pullumedu but got stranded at Upputhara. Moreover the Niraputhiri Pooja was, instead, done as scheduled with senior priest (melsanthi) Unnikrishnan Namboothiri carrying out the ceremony by 6.30 pm on Wednesday based on the direction by the Tantri.
According to report the temple was closed after the ceremony
and will open on Friday on the occasion of the beginning of the new Malayalam
month Chingam. Meanwhile it will close again after five days before reopening
for Onam festival. Cops have been directed to stop pilgrims at Nilackal and
send them back. A TDB official said "Pilgrims, especially those from
neighboring states, are requested not to undertake the pilgrimage till the
situation improves and the board will duly inform the same”.
Who owns hidden treasures in the coast of Portugal? According to sources spices, ceramics and cannons engraved with Portugal's coat of arms all lie around the wreck, found near Cascais, close to the capital Lisbon. Meanwhile the team believes the ship was returning from India when it sank sometime between 1575 and 1625 and hence this was at the height of Portugal's spice trade with Asia. Project director Jorge Freire told news agency that it is situated at a depth of 12m (40ft) the wreck was very well preserved.
- Is this the Swiss locale where 90s Bollywood dance number was performed?
- Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project?
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India