The Meteorological department of Chennai has announced that there will be heavy rainfall for 2 more days. The low pressure area has been formed currently in the northwest zone of Bay of Bengal, and due to this, the southwest monsoon has been gaining strength slowly and steadily in Tamilnadu.
The meteorological department has informed that this low pressure zone is still prevalent over the Bay of Bengal, and hence there was heavy rain in the delta areas of Tamilnadu. Chennai had also been witnessing heavy rains since yesterday, and though there was brief pause during the noon, by evening the rains began shower in continuously and heavily, impacting the city as well as the suburban areas. Yesterday also the whole of Chennai city has been in a cloudy weather, following which there were drizzles in several parts of the city, it has been expected that the rains will be heavy after evening.
While Chennai is expected to have
minimal rains, districts like Theni, Kanyakumari, Nilgirs, Tirunelveli,
Coimbatore, Dindigul are predicted to receive extremely heavy rains. An alert
has been given to fishermen already to not set into the Bay of Bengal for
fishing for the next 24 hours.
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor