The deputy Chief minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam has urged people and the media not to approach the issue of non allocation of land for Karunanidhi memorial at Marina, in a political angle. The DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi had passed away on August 7 Chennai's Kauvery hospital, following which there were issues over the memorial for the great leader, as the DMK cadre lead by MK Stalin had requested the Tamilnadu government to allocate land for Karunanidhi memorial near Anna memorial in Marina, but the government had refused the same, citing cases against it pending in high court.
However, the DMK party went for an appeal against the government decision, following which they finally received the court verdict ordering the allocation of land for Kalaignar's memorial at Marina. In such a scenario, yesterday, the Deputy Chief Minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam has spoken on the Marina issue and various other burning issues of the state during his interaction with media. He said that the media and public must not politicize the marina issue, and not gain political advantage out of it or give political colors to the whole issue.
Panneerselvam also stated that the
issue is over, and hence it is not necessary to talk about it. Panneerselvam
said that AIADMK will win in the Thiruvarur and Thirupparakandram by elections,
and that the party is ready for the elections, and will soon announce the
candidates. He also questioned on the illegal ways of TTV Dinakaran with
the candidates list, and on ways in which he is including members for his
Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR? Hyderabad sources stated that Telangana CM K.T. Rama Rao and his wife have total assets of over Rs 41 crore, according to the affidavit submitted by him to the election authorities on Monday while filing the nomination for next month's Assembly election. Meanwhile K. Shailima owns assets worth Rs 36.68 crore, her husband are only worth Rs 4.93 crore and their daughter K. Alekhya has a bank balance
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja