As per report Vajpayee's signature in politics was achieving pragmatic consensus, and in this process he earned the respect of his party, allies and opponents. Meanwhile a he projected a harmonious image of India and connected it to the world through his foreign policy outreach. He was very fluent in English, his oratory was at its best in Hindi, with his well timed wit, and carefully chosen words delivered with trademark long pauses, Vajpayee immediately connected with all those who came in contact with him the common man, politicians, bureaucrats, students and world leaders.
Furthermore as foreign minister under the Janata Party government headed by Morarji Desai in 1977, Vajpayee was the first leader to deliver a speech to the United Nations General Assembly in Hindi. Meanwhile he was awarded India's highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna, in March 2015. Furthermore he also left a mark with peace initiatives and infrastructural projects.
Further during his second term as prime minister, Vajpayee ordered nuclear
tests in May 1998 in a strategic masterstroke to blunt Pakistan's nuclear
ambitions while at the same time announcing a moratorium on future testing. Moreover
he followed this up with peace overtures to Pakistan, riding on the first
direct bus from India to Pakistan in February 1999. He was undeterred by party
hawks, Vajpayee arrived in Lahore on the bus, accompanied among others by
legendary actor Dev Anand.
Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar? Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami defended the protests against AR Murugadoss’ Deepawali release Sarkar which was a target of protests by members of the ruling party. Meanwhile the AIADMK had staged protests last week claiming that certain scenes in the movie insulted former Tamilnadu CM J Jayalalitha.
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers
- Do you know which is Indias Most CONGESTED PLACE?
- Why Chiranjeevi neither meets Rahul Gandhi nor attends any Congress meetings?
- Minister's controversial talks!
- ADMK member ousted for sexual misconduct!
- RTI reveals truth in Rajiv killers plea!
- Gaja arrives soon, Red Alert!
- Demonetization & GST holds back India's growth: Raghuram Rajan