As per report Vajpayee's signature in politics was achieving pragmatic consensus, and in this process he earned the respect of his party, allies and opponents. Meanwhile a he projected a harmonious image of India and connected it to the world through his foreign policy outreach. He was very fluent in English, his oratory was at its best in Hindi, with his well timed wit, and carefully chosen words delivered with trademark long pauses, Vajpayee immediately connected with all those who came in contact with him the common man, politicians, bureaucrats, students and world leaders.
Furthermore as foreign minister under the Janata Party government headed by Morarji Desai in 1977, Vajpayee was the first leader to deliver a speech to the United Nations General Assembly in Hindi. Meanwhile he was awarded India's highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna, in March 2015. Furthermore he also left a mark with peace initiatives and infrastructural projects.
Further during his second term as prime minister, Vajpayee ordered nuclear
tests in May 1998 in a strategic masterstroke to blunt Pakistan's nuclear
ambitions while at the same time announcing a moratorium on future testing. Moreover
he followed this up with peace overtures to Pakistan, riding on the first
direct bus from India to Pakistan in February 1999. He was undeterred by party
hawks, Vajpayee arrived in Lahore on the bus, accompanied among others by
legendary actor Dev Anand.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections