As heavy rains continue to lash Kerala and several parts witness increasing inundation, social media platforms are flooded with SOS (save of souls) video messages from people who are forced to take refuge on the terraces and top floors of their houses. Meanwhile with increasing rains, flood waters have entered houses in several districts, including Pathanamthitta and Alappuzha.
Presently this has forced many residents, including children, pregnant women and the elderly, to shift to the top floors and terraces of their houses. Accordingly many have been stranded there for a few days now without food, water, electricity and barely any charge left on their cell phones. Furthermore as calls to control rooms go unanswered, people continue to wait for the rescue operation teams to provide them with boat or airlift services and relocate them to a safer place.
Moreover in one video, a man from Chengannur can be
heard asking for immediate help. “Dear people, we are stranded in a two storey
house near KTDC Sarathy Hotel and added people in several houses here too are
stranded. Since last evening, we are told that the Navy will come to our
rescue; but, until now, nobody has come to our rescue. We probably have only
one hour to be rescued or live, as the flood water has reached the first storey.”
Moreover in another video, a woman is seen requesting officials to rescue her
family from her house near Malakkara on Chengannur-Kozhenchery route.
Who owns hidden treasures in the coast of Portugal? According to sources spices, ceramics and cannons engraved with Portugal's coat of arms all lie around the wreck, found near Cascais, close to the capital Lisbon. Meanwhile the team believes the ship was returning from India when it sank sometime between 1575 and 1625 and hence this was at the height of Portugal's spice trade with Asia. Project director Jorge Freire told news agency that it is situated at a depth of 12m (40ft) the wreck was very well preserved.
- Is this the Swiss locale where 90s Bollywood dance number was performed?
- Will Pawan Kalyan help farmers in resettlement package for Polavaram multipurpose irrigation project?
- Telangana & Kerala questioned how Ayushman Bharat scheme benefits at a lower premium
- Can Kerala Govt spend for IFFK?
- TN Govt invited DMK, MLAs & AMMK Leaders for MGR Centenary Function
- Will Ola's Project Guardian ensure safety of riders?
- Chief Justice gives stunning verdict!
- Most wanted accused H Raja meets governor!
- H Raja again challenges court!
- 9 Accused in Rajkumar kidnap released!
- Trump speech right to dispute allegations by Stormy Daniels on Twitter
- Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India