Accordingly the rupee devalued further on Thursday falling to a new record low of Rs 70.20 against the dollar. Earlier the rupee, which was last at 70.1 to the dollar, further slipped to 70.20 during early trade on Thursday. As per report the fall was due to the drop in value of the Turkish lira, which helped the US dollar to gain and this has spread fears that the economic slump in Turkey could spread to other countries.
Moreover on Wednesday Union Minister Arun Jaitley said that the country has enough foreign exchange reserves to deal with the volatility and that the developments are being closely watched by the concerned departments. Furthermore the rupee has been on the down slide since the beginning of this year and has slipped around 9% in 2018. Further reports also suggest heavy sell-off in global currencies increased the demand for safe haven assets and caused the rupee to plunge.
Meanwhile this fall of the rupee against the dollar
will go on to affect the buying capabilities of the country, aka imports and it
will also start inflating household expenses and hit personal budgets. As per
the latest data from the RBI, its foreign exchange reserves were at
$402.70 billion in the week ended August 3, down $1.49 billion when compared to
the preceding week.
Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination? Vallabhaneni Vamsi name is appeared in first list of TDP as its nominee from Gannavaram Assembly. He didn’t go to Gannavaram after announcing his candidature from Hyderabad. Date of Filing of nominations would come to an end by 25th March.
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?