Accordingly the rupee devalued further on Thursday falling to a new record low of Rs 70.20 against the dollar. Earlier the rupee, which was last at 70.1 to the dollar, further slipped to 70.20 during early trade on Thursday. As per report the fall was due to the drop in value of the Turkish lira, which helped the US dollar to gain and this has spread fears that the economic slump in Turkey could spread to other countries.
Moreover on Wednesday Union Minister Arun Jaitley said that the country has enough foreign exchange reserves to deal with the volatility and that the developments are being closely watched by the concerned departments. Furthermore the rupee has been on the down slide since the beginning of this year and has slipped around 9% in 2018. Further reports also suggest heavy sell-off in global currencies increased the demand for safe haven assets and caused the rupee to plunge.
Meanwhile this fall of the rupee against the dollar
will go on to affect the buying capabilities of the country, aka imports and it
will also start inflating household expenses and hit personal budgets. As per
the latest data from the RBI, its foreign exchange reserves were at
$402.70 billion in the week ended August 3, down $1.49 billion when compared to
the preceding week.
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing