According to sources Congress chief Rahul Gandhi said he has approached Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding help for Kerala, which is reeling under the worst bout of monsoon rain in a Century. Calling it a "tragedy without parallel", Mr. Gandhi said he has requested the Prime Minister to "massively increase the deployment of the Army & Navy" in the state. Meanwhile PM Modi tweeted that he spoke to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and also asked the Defense Ministry to "further step up" operations.
Meanwhile the Southern Naval Command has already suspended all training and rushed troops and other resources for rescue operations in the flood hit state. As per report all three defense forces, the NDRF and private groups as rescue work had continued through last night as rain pelted down. Moreover the Congress chief has already asked party workers to "step up & help those in need" in the state, where the rivers are in spate.
Presently more than 50,000 people have lost their
homes and accordingly an alert has now been issued from the Chief Minister's
office which warned that the water level in both Periyar and Chalakudy rivers
will rise. A tweet from the official handle of the CMO said "People in 1km
radius of Chalakudy, and those inside ½ km of radius of Aluva, must evacuate
the place immediately”.
Rain warnings for Delta districts! As the delta districts are slowly recovering from the after effects of the deadly Gaja cyclone, now, yet another problem is set to arise and attack. The Gaja cyclone which was formed in the Bay of Bengal had crossed the sea at Vedaranyam on Friday morning. The winds were blowing at a pace of 110 kilometers, and
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?