Following the heavy rainfall and floods in Kerala, there were unexpected and destructive landslides, following which 324 people have lost their lives, said the Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan. Kerala has been witnessing a rainfall that has not hit the state in the past 50 years.
Due to this unfortunate historic rainfall recorded, many parts of Kerala have been affected heavily, and most of the areas of the state have been submerged under water. With the rains continuing still, rivers, lakes and water bodies have been overflowing, and this has lead to the opening of 33 dams, and due to the opening of dams, water has entered into many villages.
With many people losing their homes
as well as their properties, they have been made to settle temporarily in
relief camps, and due to the non-stop rain, a red alert has been issued in 13
districts. Train and flight services have been canceled, and now while CM
Pinarayi Vijayan had said in the morning that the death toll was 164, now by
evening it has risen to 324. This has been the worst disaster in the past, and
223139 people have been lodged in more than 1500 relief camps.
North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang Sources from Pyongyang reported that South Korean President MMoon Jae arrived in Pyongyang on Tuesday, where he was welcomed North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un in an elaborate ceremony, featuring a cheek to cheek hug. Accordingly the meeting between Moon and Kim came about four months after the two last met on May 26 inside the Demilitarized Zone that divides the two Koreas.
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!