Lucknow sources stated that after renaming Mughalsarai as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Nagar, the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has now sent a letter to the centre, seeking its approval to rename three airports in the state. Accordingly the airports to be renamed are Bareilly, Kanpur and Agra and all three are defense airports but the state government is in consultation with the Airports Authority of India to facilitate flyers under the regional connectivity scheme in these airports.
Meanwhile the UP civil aviation minister Nand Gopal Nandi said renaming of the three airports was long awaited. “We have reached out to the Centre to get the airports renamed. As per report a meeting with the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation is expected soon. Moreover according to a proposal from the state civil aviation department, the Bareilly airport is to be named ‘Nath Nagri’, which is believed to be an ancient name of the city for its history of having ardent worshipers of Lord Shiva.
Furthermore Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath belongs
to the Nath sect and is the ‘Mahant’ (priest) of Gorakhnath temple. Moreover he
had earlier renamed the civil terminal of IAF’s Gorakhpur airport as Maha Yogi
Gorakhnath Airport, founder of ‘Nath Pant’ (monastic movement). Kanpur’s
Chakeri airport is proposed to be named after freedom fighter Ganesh Shankar
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries