According to sources hundreds of smart homes and businesses in India are at risk of leaking data due to misconfiguration of a protocol used to interconnect and control smart home devices via smart home hubs, warns new research from global cyber security company Avast. Meanwhile the researchers found more than 49,000 Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) servers publicly visible on the Internet due to a mis-configured MQTT protocol.
Martin Hron security researcher at Avast said "It is frighteningly easy to gain access and control of a person's smart home, because there are still many poorly secured protocols dating back to bygone technology eras when security was not a top concern". Moreover consumers need to be aware of the security concerns of connecting devices that control intimate parts of their home to services they don't fully understand and the importance of properly configuring their devices.
Furthermore when implementing the MQTT protocol,
users set up a server. In the case of consumers, the server usually lives on a
PC or some mini-computer such as Raspberry Pi, to which devices can connect to
and communicate with. Reports added the MQTT protocol itself is secure, severe
security issues can arise if MQTT is incorrectly implemented and configured. Cyber criminals
could gain complete access to a home to learn when their owners are home,
manipulate entertainment systems, voice assistants and household devices, and
see if smart doors and windows are opened or closed.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections