According to sources hundreds of smart homes and businesses in India are at risk of leaking data due to misconfiguration of a protocol used to interconnect and control smart home devices via smart home hubs, warns new research from global cyber security company Avast. Meanwhile the researchers found more than 49,000 Message Queuing Telemetry Transport (MQTT) servers publicly visible on the Internet due to a mis-configured MQTT protocol.
Martin Hron security researcher at Avast said "It is frighteningly easy to gain access and control of a person's smart home, because there are still many poorly secured protocols dating back to bygone technology eras when security was not a top concern". Moreover consumers need to be aware of the security concerns of connecting devices that control intimate parts of their home to services they don't fully understand and the importance of properly configuring their devices.
Furthermore when implementing the MQTT protocol,
users set up a server. In the case of consumers, the server usually lives on a
PC or some mini-computer such as Raspberry Pi, to which devices can connect to
and communicate with. Reports added the MQTT protocol itself is secure, severe
security issues can arise if MQTT is incorrectly implemented and configured. Cyber criminals
could gain complete access to a home to learn when their owners are home,
manipulate entertainment systems, voice assistants and household devices, and
see if smart doors and windows are opened or closed.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites