New Delhi sources stated that Congress President Rahul Gandhi said the financial assistance of Rs. 500 crore announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for flood ravaged Kerala was "nowhere near enough" and said the calamity should be declared a "national disaster." Meanwhile the party declared that all its elected representatives will contribute one month's salary for flood relief and accused Modi government of "playing politics" on the issue.
Furthermore as per report hours after PM Modi sanctioned Rs. 500 crore to the flood-battered state, apart from Rs. 100 crore announced earlier by the centre on August 12, Mr. Gandhi said that the centre should not vacillate as the people were suffering. Moreover Mr. Gandhi had earlier in the day urged the Prime Minister to immediately declare the floods in Kerala as national disaster. Further the decision to donate a month's salary was taken at a meeting of Congress general secretaries, party in-charges of states, legislative party leaders and state unit chiefs, which was presided over by party chief Rahul Gandhi.
Mr. Surjewala said "It was decided that all Congress MPs in Lok Sabha
and Rajya Sabha, Congress MLAs across India and party MLCs will donate one
month's salary, which will be sent through the AICC for relief measures in
Kerala”. He added Punjab government has already donated Rs. 10 crore to the
Kerala Relief Fund and JD-S and Congress government in Karnataka has also
donated Rs. 10 crore to the relief measures. Moreover the government in
Puducherry has also donated Rs. 1 crore.
Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday wished Congress leader Ajay Maken a speedy recovery. Mr. Maken, who is abroad for treatment, replied that he is suffering from an "irreversible and progressive orthopedic ailment, which is extremely painful, but not life threatening". PM Modi wrote on twitter "Dear Ajaymaken Ji, I pray for your good health and well being".
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart