New Delhi sources stated that Congress President Rahul Gandhi said the financial assistance of Rs. 500 crore announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for flood ravaged Kerala was "nowhere near enough" and said the calamity should be declared a "national disaster." Meanwhile the party declared that all its elected representatives will contribute one month's salary for flood relief and accused Modi government of "playing politics" on the issue.
Furthermore as per report hours after PM Modi sanctioned Rs. 500 crore to the flood-battered state, apart from Rs. 100 crore announced earlier by the centre on August 12, Mr. Gandhi said that the centre should not vacillate as the people were suffering. Moreover Mr. Gandhi had earlier in the day urged the Prime Minister to immediately declare the floods in Kerala as national disaster. Further the decision to donate a month's salary was taken at a meeting of Congress general secretaries, party in-charges of states, legislative party leaders and state unit chiefs, which was presided over by party chief Rahul Gandhi.
Mr. Surjewala said "It was decided that all Congress MPs in Lok Sabha
and Rajya Sabha, Congress MLAs across India and party MLCs will donate one
month's salary, which will be sent through the AICC for relief measures in
Kerala”. He added Punjab government has already donated Rs. 10 crore to the
Kerala Relief Fund and JD-S and Congress government in Karnataka has also
donated Rs. 10 crore to the relief measures. Moreover the government in
Puducherry has also donated Rs. 1 crore.
Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP? Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu makes regular visits to AP & Telangana Governor E.S.L Narasimhan to inform him of the challenges the state is facing in the aftermath of bifurcation. While it is protocol to apprehend the Governor on the developments and challenges in Andhra Pradesh as the head of a state, TDP cadre and the people of AP feel that these regular meetings with Narasimhan are futile.
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7