Islamabad sources reported that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is likely to visit Pakistan in the first week of September to hold talks with newly elected Prime Minister Imran Khan on issues of mutual interests. Meanwhile Pompeo, who is expected in Islamabad on September 5, would be the first foreign dignitary to meet Prime Minister Khan.
Accordingly Khan, 65, was sworn in as Pakistan's 22nd prime minister at a simple ceremony in Islamabad. Furthermore as per report the US has welcomed the swearing-in of Khan as new Prime Minister and said that it was looking forward to work with Pakistan's new civilian government to promote peace and prosperity in the country and in the region. Presently the relations between Pakistan and the US nose-dived after President Donald Trump in January accused Islamabad of giving nothing to Washington but "lies and deceit" and providing "safe haven" to terrorists.
Moreover Alice Wells, who heads the Bureau for South Asian affairs at the
State Department, may also accompany Pompeo. Further Wells noted that the new
leader had also recognized the importance of US and Pakistan relationship in
his public statements and in his first meeting with US Embassy officials in
Islamabad. Meanwhile in his victory speech last month, Khan said he wants a
balanced relation between Pakistan and America which should be mutually
beneficial, not one sided.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018