Islamabad sources reported that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is likely to visit Pakistan in the first week of September to hold talks with newly elected Prime Minister Imran Khan on issues of mutual interests. Meanwhile Pompeo, who is expected in Islamabad on September 5, would be the first foreign dignitary to meet Prime Minister Khan.
Accordingly Khan, 65, was sworn in as Pakistan's 22nd prime minister at a simple ceremony in Islamabad. Furthermore as per report the US has welcomed the swearing-in of Khan as new Prime Minister and said that it was looking forward to work with Pakistan's new civilian government to promote peace and prosperity in the country and in the region. Presently the relations between Pakistan and the US nose-dived after President Donald Trump in January accused Islamabad of giving nothing to Washington but "lies and deceit" and providing "safe haven" to terrorists.
Moreover Alice Wells, who heads the Bureau for South Asian affairs at the
State Department, may also accompany Pompeo. Further Wells noted that the new
leader had also recognized the importance of US and Pakistan relationship in
his public statements and in his first meeting with US Embassy officials in
Islamabad. Meanwhile in his victory speech last month, Khan said he wants a
balanced relation between Pakistan and America which should be mutually
beneficial, not one sided.
Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President? It has been reported from US media that, the 63 year old former Pepsico CEO based out of India Indra Nooyi is in contention for the role of president of World Bank. Indra Nooyi had for 12 years lead beverage company Pepsico before she had stepped down last year. US President Donald Trump's eldest daughter Ivanka Trump who is a part of the selection committee that decides nominees
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team