Islamabad sources reported that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is likely to visit Pakistan in the first week of September to hold talks with newly elected Prime Minister Imran Khan on issues of mutual interests. Meanwhile Pompeo, who is expected in Islamabad on September 5, would be the first foreign dignitary to meet Prime Minister Khan.
Accordingly Khan, 65, was sworn in as Pakistan's 22nd prime minister at a simple ceremony in Islamabad. Furthermore as per report the US has welcomed the swearing-in of Khan as new Prime Minister and said that it was looking forward to work with Pakistan's new civilian government to promote peace and prosperity in the country and in the region. Presently the relations between Pakistan and the US nose-dived after President Donald Trump in January accused Islamabad of giving nothing to Washington but "lies and deceit" and providing "safe haven" to terrorists.
Moreover Alice Wells, who heads the Bureau for South Asian affairs at the
State Department, may also accompany Pompeo. Further Wells noted that the new
leader had also recognized the importance of US and Pakistan relationship in
his public statements and in his first meeting with US Embassy officials in
Islamabad. Meanwhile in his victory speech last month, Khan said he wants a
balanced relation between Pakistan and America which should be mutually
beneficial, not one sided.
Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved As per report Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba announced generation of whopping $30.8 billion in terms of Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) during Singles' Day sale the 24 hour annual shopping event held on November 11, beating the last year's record of $25 billion. Meanwhile around 180,000 brands had participated in the sale on all retail platforms of the company. Apple, Xiaomi
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?