The meteorological department of Kerala has withdrawn the red alert, as rains have reduced to a good extent in Kerala, and this has given a temporary respite to the people of Kerala. For the past 1 month, Kerala has been witnessing a historic rainfall never witnessed by the state in the past hundred years, and due to the extremely heavy rainfall and floods, more than 350 people lost their lives.
More than 3 lakhs people lost their homes, and the losses of the state have been estimated to be around 19512 crores approximately, as estimated by the state government. Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi had surveyed aerially, around the areas of Kerala that have been hit badly by rains and floods, and as the first step, had announced an allocation of 500 crores relief fund for Kerala, though CM Pinarayi Vijayan had requested funds of 2000 crores. 58 National disaster relief forces have been deployed in 8 districts of Kerala, and they are involved currently in rescue operations and in providing medical aids to people.
While yesterday red alert was issued
to Kasargod, Trivandrum, Kollam districts among other districts, following the
reduction of rainfall, the meteorological department has withdrawn the red
alert. However an orange alert has been given to 10 districts, and 2 more
districts have been issued yellow alert. Patinamthitta, Idukki and Ernakulam
are expected to be hit by heavy rains, till August 20.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy