The meteorological department of Kerala has withdrawn the red alert, as rains have reduced to a good extent in Kerala, and this has given a temporary respite to the people of Kerala. For the past 1 month, Kerala has been witnessing a historic rainfall never witnessed by the state in the past hundred years, and due to the extremely heavy rainfall and floods, more than 350 people lost their lives.
More than 3 lakhs people lost their homes, and the losses of the state have been estimated to be around 19512 crores approximately, as estimated by the state government. Indian Prime minister Narendra Modi had surveyed aerially, around the areas of Kerala that have been hit badly by rains and floods, and as the first step, had announced an allocation of 500 crores relief fund for Kerala, though CM Pinarayi Vijayan had requested funds of 2000 crores. 58 National disaster relief forces have been deployed in 8 districts of Kerala, and they are involved currently in rescue operations and in providing medical aids to people.
While yesterday red alert was issued
to Kasargod, Trivandrum, Kollam districts among other districts, following the
reduction of rainfall, the meteorological department has withdrawn the red
alert. However an orange alert has been given to 10 districts, and 2 more
districts have been issued yellow alert. Patinamthitta, Idukki and Ernakulam
are expected to be hit by heavy rains, till August 20.
Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung According to report soaps, face packs, shampoos and medicinal products made from cow urine and dung may soon be just a click away as an RSS backed centre says it is set to sell these on e-commerce major Amazon India. Meanwhile Deen Dayal Dham, a centre run by the RSS in Farah town of Mathura
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!