Accordingly amidst the growing crisis of heavy rainfall, overflowing rivers and flooded areas, aid and assistant from several parts of India and overseas have ensured safety and supply of basic relief to the affected people and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan attributes this to the unity of the people.
The CM said in a press meet that “The reason for the success is the unity of our land, where any Keralite can proudly say this and moreover to bring them together and work as one also makes the government proud, it was a big challenge to join all aspects to solve the crisis. Centre forces and democracy are the strength of our land's political culture. That's what helped us survive this, gave confidence to the government”.
Even though there were suggestions to hand over the
rescue operations completely to the Army, the CM said, "Only those
who know the land can lead the rescue operations and the disaster they faced
was not limited to one area but spread to all districts." Moreover according to official
figures, 58,506 people were rescued and 33 people died and this takes the death
toll to 368. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who reached Kerala,
announced an interim relief of Rs 500 crore for the state, although the CM
informed that the state has suffered a loss of Rs 19,512 crore, per initial
assessment. Pinarayi also requested for an immediate assistance of Rs.2,000
Khusbhu said KCR will be ZERO after December 11 As per report actress and Congress leader Khushbu, who was in Hyderabad yesterday, has hit out at KCR by calling him a 'Commission Man'. She alleged that TRS government is working for the 'commissions'. Meanwhile she further alleged that TRS has failed to provide employment to youths and 'minimum support price' to farmers.
- Why Donald Trump portraying himself as Paul Revere of terrorism age?
- Rohit Sharma feels confident playing in Australia
- Is KCRs daughter-in-law richer than his son KTR?
- Chilli attack on Delhi CM!
- Schools and colleges on leave in Chennai!
- Sushma Swaraj quits election politics!
- Cyclone Gaja razes Sugarcane crops, scarcity during Pongal
- Protests at Sabarimala were part of Sangh Agenda: Pinarayi
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli