Accordingly amidst the growing crisis of heavy rainfall, overflowing rivers and flooded areas, aid and assistant from several parts of India and overseas have ensured safety and supply of basic relief to the affected people and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan attributes this to the unity of the people.
The CM said in a press meet that “The reason for the success is the unity of our land, where any Keralite can proudly say this and moreover to bring them together and work as one also makes the government proud, it was a big challenge to join all aspects to solve the crisis. Centre forces and democracy are the strength of our land's political culture. That's what helped us survive this, gave confidence to the government”.
Even though there were suggestions to hand over the
rescue operations completely to the Army, the CM said, "Only those
who know the land can lead the rescue operations and the disaster they faced
was not limited to one area but spread to all districts." Moreover according to official
figures, 58,506 people were rescued and 33 people died and this takes the death
toll to 368. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who reached Kerala,
announced an interim relief of Rs 500 crore for the state, although the CM
informed that the state has suffered a loss of Rs 19,512 crore, per initial
assessment. Pinarayi also requested for an immediate assistance of Rs.2,000
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018