Sources from Bhavani stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palanisamy on Sunday assured compensation for crop loss due to the floods caused by heavy discharge of water from the state's dams and permanent houses for the affected people. Accordingly the dams, including Mettur and Bhavanisagar, have been discharging huge volumes of water in view of continuing high inflows from Karnataka reservoirs like Krishnarajasagar.
Meanwhile the discharge has resulted in inundation of a slew of villages and submergence of standing crops along the banks of Cauvery, (its tributary Bhavani in Erode) in several districts of Tamilnadu. Palanisamy said "Presently, inflow into the Bhavanisagar dam is 21,000 cusecs and discharge is 3,000 cusecs and from the Mettur reservoir the outflow is 2 lakh cusecs and the inflow is about 1.95 lakh cusecs".
Furthermore the chief minister, who was speaking to
reporters after inspecting flood affected areas in Erode district, said the
government would disburse compensation for damaged crops proportionate to the
extent of loss. He said “As many as 7,832 people have been sheltered in relief
centres in Erode district, 263 houses fully damaged and 114 partially damaged,
while a total of 1,599 houses have been inundated”. Moreover the chief minister
visited relief centres and distributed rice, vessels and blankets to the
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome