Sources from Bhavani stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palanisamy on Sunday assured compensation for crop loss due to the floods caused by heavy discharge of water from the state's dams and permanent houses for the affected people. Accordingly the dams, including Mettur and Bhavanisagar, have been discharging huge volumes of water in view of continuing high inflows from Karnataka reservoirs like Krishnarajasagar.
Meanwhile the discharge has resulted in inundation of a slew of villages and submergence of standing crops along the banks of Cauvery, (its tributary Bhavani in Erode) in several districts of Tamilnadu. Palanisamy said "Presently, inflow into the Bhavanisagar dam is 21,000 cusecs and discharge is 3,000 cusecs and from the Mettur reservoir the outflow is 2 lakh cusecs and the inflow is about 1.95 lakh cusecs".
Furthermore the chief minister, who was speaking to
reporters after inspecting flood affected areas in Erode district, said the
government would disburse compensation for damaged crops proportionate to the
extent of loss. He said “As many as 7,832 people have been sheltered in relief
centres in Erode district, 263 houses fully damaged and 114 partially damaged,
while a total of 1,599 houses have been inundated”. Moreover the chief minister
visited relief centres and distributed rice, vessels and blankets to the
Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections Accordingly a group of people who call themselves as the voice of Scheduled Classes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes and Muslims, have launched 'Caravan e haq', a movement which will be spread across Telangana and will demand for the rights of neglected classes. Meanwhile this group
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'