Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan's new Prime Minister Imran Khan was sworn in at a ceremony in Islamabad on Saturday, ushering in a new political era as the World Cup cricket hero officially took the reins of power in the nuclear armed country. Meanwhile the ceremony at the President's House in the capital marks the end of decades of rotating leadership between the ousted Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), punctuated by periods of army rule.
Moreover following Imran Khan’s official appointment as Prime Minister, current wife and first lady Bushra Maneka expressed she was afraid rather than happy. “He is sure Imran Khan will fulfill his promises to Pakistan. Allah has given us a great responsibility, where power comes and goes. Imran Khan aims to eliminate poverty from the country and he wants to improve the health and education system in Pakistan”.
Moreover Imran swore to "bear true faith and
allegiance to Pakistan", and to "discharge his duties and perform his
functions honestly, to the best of his ability and always in the interest of
the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of
Pakistan". Furthermore Khan had invited the rest of the 1992 cricket team
to the ceremony, and fast bowler Wasim Akram was pictured smiling among the
crowd. Meanwhile another cricketer turned politician, India's Navjot Singh
Sidhu, was seated in the front row and earlier warmly embraced the powerful
Pakistan army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express Reportedly a delay of more than three hours in the running of Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 19 has cost IRCTC around Rs 1.62 lakh which the railway subsidiary will pay through its insurance companies as compensation to around 950 passengers, a first in the history of Indian Railways. The officials said on Monday “The train started from Lucknow at around 9.55 am instead of its scheduled
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries