Islamabad sources reported that Pakistan's new Prime Minister Imran Khan was sworn in at a ceremony in Islamabad on Saturday, ushering in a new political era as the World Cup cricket hero officially took the reins of power in the nuclear armed country. Meanwhile the ceremony at the President's House in the capital marks the end of decades of rotating leadership between the ousted Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), punctuated by periods of army rule.
Moreover following Imran Khan’s official appointment as Prime Minister, current wife and first lady Bushra Maneka expressed she was afraid rather than happy. “He is sure Imran Khan will fulfill his promises to Pakistan. Allah has given us a great responsibility, where power comes and goes. Imran Khan aims to eliminate poverty from the country and he wants to improve the health and education system in Pakistan”.
Moreover Imran swore to "bear true faith and
allegiance to Pakistan", and to "discharge his duties and perform his
functions honestly, to the best of his ability and always in the interest of
the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of
Pakistan". Furthermore Khan had invited the rest of the 1992 cricket team
to the ceremony, and fast bowler Wasim Akram was pictured smiling among the
crowd. Meanwhile another cricketer turned politician, India's Navjot Singh
Sidhu, was seated in the front row and earlier warmly embraced the powerful
Pakistan army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code