Hyderabad sources added Vedanta Limited has said it will be investing USD 2.3 billion towards capex on its oil and gas activities in the 'near term' to increase the reserve base by around 375 million barrels. According to its latest annual report, Vedanta aims to increase production from the current 2,00,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day to 3,00,000 bpd over the next few years.
The metals and mining giant said “Our rich project portfolio is comprised of enhanced oil recovery projects, tight oil and gas projects and exploration prospects and as well as boosting production, this investment will generate sustainable employment opportunities, directly and indirectly and bring cutting edge solutions to community needs and they estimate the net capex commitment at USD 600-800 million (for FY 19)”.
Moreover Vedanta had recently bid for all 55 blocks
on offer in the first round of oil and gas auctions under the Open Acreage
Licensing Policy (OALP) auction. Hence the Anil Agarwal led Vedanta is likely
to bag as many as 40 oil and gas exploration blocks in India's maiden open
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code