New Delhi sources stated that fugitive billionaire Nirav Modi is in the UK, officials there have confirmed to India for the first time. Meanwhile the CBI has moved a request to London to extradite the celebrity jeweler, who is wanted for loan fraud. Recently the UK authorities confirmed Nirav Modi's presence on Sunday through a mail responding to a diffusion notice by the CBI to the Interpol.
Moreover an official was quoted as telling news agency said Nirav Modi, along with his uncle Mehul Choksi, is accused in the Rs. 13,500 crore Punjab National Bank (PNB) fraud. Earlier they left India in January, weeks before the massive bank scam erupted. Previously the government had told parliament that an extradition request for Nirav Modi had been sent to the Indian mission in UK.
Accordingly the request has been sent by a Special Diplomatic Bag to the
High Commission of India in London, VK Singh, Minister of State for External
Affairs, had said in parliament. Moreover Nirav Modi is the 29th fugitive India
has asked the UK to extradite since 2002. Furthermore India had cancelled the passports
of both Mehul Choksi and Nirav Modi in February, but that hasn't stopped Nirav
Modi from travelling to various countries.
Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities Reportedly low cost airline Scoot, a part of the Singapore Airlines Group, on Thursday announced the addition of three new south Indian cities Coimbatore, Trivandrum and Visakhapatnam to its global route map. Meanwhile in a statement issued here, Scoot said the three new routes are due to be transferred over from sister airline SilkAir. Scoot will be the only airline operating direct non-stop flights
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu