The national Green Tribunal has ordered the analysis of Sterlite plant in Thoothukudi by the retired high court judge Chandru. There were widespread protests against the functioning of Sterlite copper plant run by Vedanta group in Thoothukudi, and demanding the permanent closure of the plant which had hazardous chemical leaks, leading to environmental pollution as well as health hazards for people of the locality, and the protests had turned violent on May 22, as the cops had indulged in a shootout, killing more than 13 people.
Following this unexpected killing and violent turn to the peaceful protest, on May 28, the Tamilnadu government had ordered the permanent closure and sealing of the Sterlite plant in Thoothukudi. However, Sterlite had made an appeal against the Tamilnadu government order in the national green tribunal.
The TN government had submitted a
detailed report on the environmental impacts and the health impacts caused by
Sterlite and the Pollution control board had also submitted its analysis
report based on its inspection on 16 and 17 August to the tribunal.
Following this, the green tribunal has ordered former high court judge Chandru
to inspect Sterlite plant and submit a report, and that the court should decide
based on the reports.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party