The national Green Tribunal has ordered the analysis of Sterlite plant in Thoothukudi by the retired high court judge Chandru. There were widespread protests against the functioning of Sterlite copper plant run by Vedanta group in Thoothukudi, and demanding the permanent closure of the plant which had hazardous chemical leaks, leading to environmental pollution as well as health hazards for people of the locality, and the protests had turned violent on May 22, as the cops had indulged in a shootout, killing more than 13 people.
Following this unexpected killing and violent turn to the peaceful protest, on May 28, the Tamilnadu government had ordered the permanent closure and sealing of the Sterlite plant in Thoothukudi. However, Sterlite had made an appeal against the Tamilnadu government order in the national green tribunal.
The TN government had submitted a
detailed report on the environmental impacts and the health impacts caused by
Sterlite and the Pollution control board had also submitted its analysis
report based on its inspection on 16 and 17 August to the tribunal.
Following this, the green tribunal has ordered former high court judge Chandru
to inspect Sterlite plant and submit a report, and that the court should decide
based on the reports.
How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan? Chennai sources stated that in an interesting turn of events, a Chennai resident received a Swiggy order all the way from Rajasthan. Meanwhile the Chennai based customer had given an order on Sunday and when he checked the app to track his order, he found out that the delivery executive is coming all the way from Rajasthan.
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again