God's own country Kerala has been slowly returning to normalcy after being hit by heavy rains and raging floods and unexpected landslides, as rains have lessened in the past 2 days. The Southwest monsoon rains began in June in Kerala. While the rains began on a normal note, suddenly they turned violent and became huge. Due to this, the whole of Kerala was flooded, and many areas witnessed landslides, and destruction of thousands of houses in the state.
Due to the rains and floods, more than 400 people lost their lives, and many people are missing in the state. More than 8 lakhs were rescued and settled in relief camps, and there are around 5645 relief camps in the state now. Many have been facing troubles after being stuck in water and waiting to be rescued. For the 5th day, relief materials have been given in relief camps, including food, and many other states have been lending a helping hand to Kerala.
Since 2 days, the rains have
reduced, and the meteorological department of Kerala has announced that for the
next 5 days, there won’t be heavy rains in the state, and the people of Kerala
are having a sigh of relief after getting to know this news. Due to the
reduction of rains and the drying of floods, slowly Kerala is returning to
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24