God's own country Kerala has been slowly returning to normalcy after being hit by heavy rains and raging floods and unexpected landslides, as rains have lessened in the past 2 days. The Southwest monsoon rains began in June in Kerala. While the rains began on a normal note, suddenly they turned violent and became huge. Due to this, the whole of Kerala was flooded, and many areas witnessed landslides, and destruction of thousands of houses in the state.
Due to the rains and floods, more than 400 people lost their lives, and many people are missing in the state. More than 8 lakhs were rescued and settled in relief camps, and there are around 5645 relief camps in the state now. Many have been facing troubles after being stuck in water and waiting to be rescued. For the 5th day, relief materials have been given in relief camps, including food, and many other states have been lending a helping hand to Kerala.
Since 2 days, the rains have
reduced, and the meteorological department of Kerala has announced that for the
next 5 days, there won’t be heavy rains in the state, and the people of Kerala
are having a sigh of relief after getting to know this news. Due to the
reduction of rains and the drying of floods, slowly Kerala is returning to
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam