As per report the Holy Kaaba was adorned with a new cover or “Kiswa” on Monday in an annual process carried a day before Muslims mark Eid Al Adha. Usually, every year, the gatekeepers of the Kaaba carry a delicate, precise task to change the silky black cloth embroidered with gold which is draped over the holy structure. Recently the Saudi Press Agency said 160 artisans and technicians have taken part in yesterday’s re-adorning of the new cover.
Furthermore close-up pictures showed members of the team stand on a mobile escalator to place the fabric as they weave parts of it to fit on the structure and the process occurs annually on the 9th of Dul Hijja, which marks the second day of Hajj. Moreover on this day, as Muslims head to Mount Arafat to witness the most important ritual during pilgrimage, the Kaaba gets its old cover replaced with a new one.
Mansouri said that the Kiswa is
made from about 670 kg of raw silk, which is dyed black, 120 kg of gold threads
and 100 kg of silver threads and is covered with cotton-lined silk. Kiswa is 14
meters in length and in its third quarter part there is a belt which is 95 cm
wide and 47 m. long, consisting of 16 pieces surrounded by a square of Islamic
designs and consists of 5 pieces, while the fifth piece is the curtain which
covers the entrance of the Kaaba.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome