As per report the Holy Kaaba was adorned with a new cover or “Kiswa” on Monday in an annual process carried a day before Muslims mark Eid Al Adha. Usually, every year, the gatekeepers of the Kaaba carry a delicate, precise task to change the silky black cloth embroidered with gold which is draped over the holy structure. Recently the Saudi Press Agency said 160 artisans and technicians have taken part in yesterday’s re-adorning of the new cover.
Furthermore close-up pictures showed members of the team stand on a mobile escalator to place the fabric as they weave parts of it to fit on the structure and the process occurs annually on the 9th of Dul Hijja, which marks the second day of Hajj. Moreover on this day, as Muslims head to Mount Arafat to witness the most important ritual during pilgrimage, the Kaaba gets its old cover replaced with a new one.
Mansouri said that the Kiswa is
made from about 670 kg of raw silk, which is dyed black, 120 kg of gold threads
and 100 kg of silver threads and is covered with cotton-lined silk. Kiswa is 14
meters in length and in its third quarter part there is a belt which is 95 cm
wide and 47 m. long, consisting of 16 pieces surrounded by a square of Islamic
designs and consists of 5 pieces, while the fifth piece is the curtain which
covers the entrance of the Kaaba.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues