As per report the Holy Kaaba was adorned with a new cover or “Kiswa” on Monday in an annual process carried a day before Muslims mark Eid Al Adha. Usually, every year, the gatekeepers of the Kaaba carry a delicate, precise task to change the silky black cloth embroidered with gold which is draped over the holy structure. Recently the Saudi Press Agency said 160 artisans and technicians have taken part in yesterday’s re-adorning of the new cover.
Furthermore close-up pictures showed members of the team stand on a mobile escalator to place the fabric as they weave parts of it to fit on the structure and the process occurs annually on the 9th of Dul Hijja, which marks the second day of Hajj. Moreover on this day, as Muslims head to Mount Arafat to witness the most important ritual during pilgrimage, the Kaaba gets its old cover replaced with a new one.
Mansouri said that the Kiswa is
made from about 670 kg of raw silk, which is dyed black, 120 kg of gold threads
and 100 kg of silver threads and is covered with cotton-lined silk. Kiswa is 14
meters in length and in its third quarter part there is a belt which is 95 cm
wide and 47 m. long, consisting of 16 pieces surrounded by a square of Islamic
designs and consists of 5 pieces, while the fifth piece is the curtain which
covers the entrance of the Kaaba.
Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride According to sources Bollywood's hottest actors and much in love couple Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone who recently tied the knot in a private ceremony at Lake Como in Italy are the most talked about people on the internet right now. Meanwhile to show their love for the power couple, fans gifted Deepika the title of the 'world's most beautiful bride'.
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business