The Chennai high court has ordered that for the purpose of constructing 8 way road in Salem, the owners of the lands seized must not be removed from their places until the next order comes in this regard. The TN government had been confiscating lands for the construction of Salem 8 way road, and this included agricultural lands and lands that had been traditionally in use for houses.
Land confiscation had been happening in places like Salem, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Kanchipuram, Thiruvannamalai,and many other places, The Farmers had been protesting against confiscation of their lands. The Tamilnadu government had supported the plans of the central government worth 10000 crores, to construct the 8 way road, and had started laying foundation after confiscating farmer's lands.
This plan will lead to loss of 7000
acres of land and 13000 trees. Following this, the farmers had filed a case in
Chennai high court, and the bench under justice Sivagnanam said that this was a
wrong practice, and ordered not to evacuate land owners until the next order
comes from the court. The court has planned the next hearing on September 10.
TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter Meanwhile when taking to social media, Uttam had said, "Unlike KTR, who received everything on a platter due to his father and caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, he is a first generation politician who worked hard to reach where he is. Meanwhile to say that KCR had any role isn’t just blatantly false, but also childish. You and your family have positions today because Congress gave Telangana."
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP