The Chennai high court has ordered that for the purpose of constructing 8 way road in Salem, the owners of the lands seized must not be removed from their places until the next order comes in this regard. The TN government had been confiscating lands for the construction of Salem 8 way road, and this included agricultural lands and lands that had been traditionally in use for houses.
Land confiscation had been happening in places like Salem, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri, Kanchipuram, Thiruvannamalai,and many other places, The Farmers had been protesting against confiscation of their lands. The Tamilnadu government had supported the plans of the central government worth 10000 crores, to construct the 8 way road, and had started laying foundation after confiscating farmer's lands.
This plan will lead to loss of 7000
acres of land and 13000 trees. Following this, the farmers had filed a case in
Chennai high court, and the bench under justice Sivagnanam said that this was a
wrong practice, and ordered not to evacuate land owners until the next order
comes from the court. The court has planned the next hearing on September 10.
IAS.Salary Rs.82,000,Assets Rs.200 crore ? Pune IAS officialDeshmukh bought 150 acres of land meant for rehabilitation projects in a village in Satara district, for just Rs.2 [email protected] Rs.2 a sft whose price skyrocketed to Rs.200 crore within an year
- Indian-American elected as president of Harvard University Undergraduate Council
- Transgender filed nomination for Telangana Elections
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee discuss alliance, put off meet
- Tamilnadu CM visited Cyclone Gaja hit areas
- Why Ivanka Trump sent Official emails from Personal email Account?
- Firing at Chicago Mercy Hospital kills 3
- Indian Cricket Team's Bus Driver reveals about Dhoni, Raina, Kohli
- Is Tamilnadu a Garbhagriha if India is a Temple
- GST Council reduces tax rates
- Kollywood Actors pitch in for Cyclone Gaja
- Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai?
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon