Recently Kerala police have arrested the youth who spread fake news on social media about Mullaperiyar dam developing cracks. Meanwhile the youth has been identified as 19 year old Ashwin Babu, who is a native of Nemmara in Palakkad district and he was arrested and his phone had been confiscated.
Furthermore when speaking to TNM, a police official who did not wish to be named, confirmed that the youth had been arrested but is out on bail now. As per report the official said that the youth had received the fake message on WhatsApp and had forwarded it to several others and however, the original source of the message is yet to be ascertained. Furthermore the Police said that investigations are ongoing.
Previously in a voice message which was spread, it
said that one side of the Mullaperiyar Dam had collapsed. Further when the
voice message started spreading, it caused panic among the people and following
this, the government intervened and clarified that this is a fake message. The
letter reads Rumors are being spread in social media like WhatsApp, Facebook
etc. that the Mullaperiyar Dam has developed some cracks and this rumor is
completely baseless and the Dam has not developed any cracks as alleged.
Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33 Chennai sources stated that chief minister K Palaniswami said the death toll in cyclone ‘Gaja’ has touched 33 and left a trail of destruction across six districts of Tamilnadu with 30,000 electricity poles and over a lakh trees getting uprooted. As per report he maintained that the impact of cyclone was less as 82,000 people were evacuated to 471 relief centres well in advance.
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray