Recently Kerala police have arrested the youth who spread fake news on social media about Mullaperiyar dam developing cracks. Meanwhile the youth has been identified as 19 year old Ashwin Babu, who is a native of Nemmara in Palakkad district and he was arrested and his phone had been confiscated.
Furthermore when speaking to TNM, a police official who did not wish to be named, confirmed that the youth had been arrested but is out on bail now. As per report the official said that the youth had received the fake message on WhatsApp and had forwarded it to several others and however, the original source of the message is yet to be ascertained. Furthermore the Police said that investigations are ongoing.
Previously in a voice message which was spread, it
said that one side of the Mullaperiyar Dam had collapsed. Further when the
voice message started spreading, it caused panic among the people and following
this, the government intervened and clarified that this is a fake message. The
letter reads Rumors are being spread in social media like WhatsApp, Facebook
etc. that the Mullaperiyar Dam has developed some cracks and this rumor is
completely baseless and the Dam has not developed any cracks as alleged.
When Lokesh Greeted Jagan with Folded Hands Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for the first time entered the AP Legislative Council Session on Monday. The first day of the 33rd Session commenced in the morning and was presided by Shariff Mohammed Ahmed the Chairman of the AP Legislative Council.
- Jagan's Popularity Soaring in Amaravati?
- Heat wave to continue in Chennai: IMD
- Chandrababu is Torture, Jagan is Torch-Bearer
- Which will make Rahul Gandhi stronger?
- AP Minister Calls Nara Lokesh as Mangalagiri Pappu in the Assembly
- Sri Reddy's next target is Actor Vishal
- Bar dancer stripped and attacked!
- Man cheats 32000 and escapes!
- Women directors for Chandrayaan 2!
- Girl dies as mother searches water!
- AP CM Jagan works for getting Special Category Status to AP
- BSNL website has listed the 'Abhinandan-151' prepaid recharge plan
- Trump called media corrupt & said journalists are enemy of the people
- Is Tamilnadu Govt doing its best to tackle the ongoing water crisis in the state?
- Telangana to receive Monsoon by June 20