Recently Kerala police have arrested the youth who spread fake news on social media about Mullaperiyar dam developing cracks. Meanwhile the youth has been identified as 19 year old Ashwin Babu, who is a native of Nemmara in Palakkad district and he was arrested and his phone had been confiscated.
Furthermore when speaking to TNM, a police official who did not wish to be named, confirmed that the youth had been arrested but is out on bail now. As per report the official said that the youth had received the fake message on WhatsApp and had forwarded it to several others and however, the original source of the message is yet to be ascertained. Furthermore the Police said that investigations are ongoing.
Previously in a voice message which was spread, it
said that one side of the Mullaperiyar Dam had collapsed. Further when the
voice message started spreading, it caused panic among the people and following
this, the government intervened and clarified that this is a fake message. The
letter reads Rumors are being spread in social media like WhatsApp, Facebook
etc. that the Mullaperiyar Dam has developed some cracks and this rumor is
completely baseless and the Dam has not developed any cracks as alleged.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?