As per report the government is asking the RBI to review its policies in several areas where the central bank should be allowed to operate without interference as this is not an entirely new fight. Meanwhile the successive RBI governors after Bimal Jalan have had to fight for operational independence with the finance ministry, but the current set of disagreements comes at a bad time.
Furthermore emerging markets in general are under pressure. Accordingly India is still some time away from achieving financial stability by solving the twin balance sheet problem bad assets at banks and corporate hamstrung from raising credit. Further riding roughshod over the central bank could easily lead to heavy capital outflows and delay the rehabilitation of the banking system.
Moreover if the government amends the RBI Act to
force the central bank to cough up more dividend, it will set a dangerous
precedent and hence this is not to say that there is no need for debate about
the effectiveness of RBI’s regulation over the banking system. RBI should be
set to high standards and taken to task if it fails. As per report the correct
way to change policy would be set clear goals and objectives the flexible
inflation targeting framework is a great example and allow RBI the operational
room to do its job
CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir According to sources at least 30 jawans of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were martyred in a vehicle borne improvised explosive device (VBIED) attack in Pulwama, Jammu & Kashmir. As per report the death toll is feared to be raised. Dreaded terrorist outfit Jaish-e-Mohammad claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other
- Pinnacle Blooms - Helping special kids
- Forest department eyeing Chinnathambi!
- Kamal Hassan praises woman!
- Captain Vijayakanth coming soon!
- Trump still adds to sources not requiring congressional approval
- New inmate into TDP from MLA Nandamuri Balakrishna's Family
- Will Anti Corruption Bureau in Delhi be controlled as per instructions from SC?
- KCR Govt plans to illuminate Charminar with 190-watt LED light
- Kotii Group - On the name of god celebrating 9th Anniversary
- When will Tamilnadu Districts be upgraded as Corporations?
- Know how to hide Caller ID when making call to Uber Driver
- Is there any delay in conducting 3rd season of Telugu Bigg Boss?