As per report the government is asking the RBI to review its policies in several areas where the central bank should be allowed to operate without interference as this is not an entirely new fight. Meanwhile the successive RBI governors after Bimal Jalan have had to fight for operational independence with the finance ministry, but the current set of disagreements comes at a bad time.
Furthermore emerging markets in general are under pressure. Accordingly India is still some time away from achieving financial stability by solving the twin balance sheet problem bad assets at banks and corporate hamstrung from raising credit. Further riding roughshod over the central bank could easily lead to heavy capital outflows and delay the rehabilitation of the banking system.
Moreover if the government amends the RBI Act to
force the central bank to cough up more dividend, it will set a dangerous
precedent and hence this is not to say that there is no need for debate about
the effectiveness of RBI’s regulation over the banking system. RBI should be
set to high standards and taken to task if it fails. As per report the correct
way to change policy would be set clear goals and objectives the flexible
inflation targeting framework is a great example and allow RBI the operational
room to do its job
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam