As per report the State Bank of India (SBI) informed that it had blocked a fake bank account, which was collecting funds in the name of Kerala Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund, two days back. Meanwhile when claiming that the money would be used for the relief operations in the aftermath of the Kerala Floods, social media posts have been doing the rounds in the past few days giving a Trivandrum based bank account's details with the number 20025290179.
Reports added that the IFSC Code provided along with the account number suggested that the account was based in SBI's Tiruchirapalli Branch in Tamilnadu. Accordingly the bank officials informed that the account possessed around Rs 3,000 and that it has been blocked recently, to ensure any further donations be blocked. Urging the donors to be careful with the fraudulent activities on social media, SBI asked the donors to verify the bank account details before transferring the amount.
Moreover in this regard, Kerala's Chief Minister's Office, in its Twitter
post, has alerted the donors against falling in the trap of fake and fraudulent
messages on social media. Further here are the details of the Official bank account of the Chief Minister's
Distress Relief Fund, Kerala. Beneficiary Name : Principal Secretary
(Fin), Treasurer CMDRF, Bank Name : State Bank of India (SBI), Account Number :
67319948232, Branch : City Branch, Thiruvananthapuram and IFSC : SBIN0070028.
Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India According to sources in the wake of heavy rain, the Punjab government has issued a red alert. Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Suresh Kumar, during an emergency meeting said “All deputy commissioners are keeping a close tab over the current situation, and disaster control rooms have also been activated and hence all officials have been directed to remain at standby in view of the situation”.
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues