According to sources the picture of Kerala Finance minister Thomas Isaac atop a relief boat, holding a rescued infant in his arms, was one of the most moving images of the Kerala floods. Furthermore Isaac was amidst the waters in his constituency in Alappuzha, helping to coordinate rescue efforts.
Meanwhile Pinarayi Vijayan's press conferences have also helped soothe frayed nerves as well and they are calm affairs, devoid of theatrics of any kind and are both live telecast and live streamed, considering many areas did not have power supply. Moreover the Kerala chief minister's social media presence is also an important storehouse of information, designed to blunt the menace of fake news and rumors as well. Further the photographs showing the collector and sub-collector of Wayanad district unloading rice sacks from a relief truck by carrying them on their back, are proof of a zero white collar ego.
Accordingly if one isn't hearing complaints of official apathy and lack of
government help in this hour of extreme crisis in Kerala, the worst floods
since 1924, resulting in the death of over 300 people so far, it is because of
people like Isaac, Vijayan and the officials. Moreover Vijayan made it a point
to take along with him Ramesh Chennithala, Leader of the Opposition in Kerala,
on an aerial tour of flood affected districts, to send across the message that
there will be no politics over rescue and relief.
Will JanaSena ally with TDP or get alone? Presently it looks like AP Chief Minister and Telugu Desam Party Chief N. Chandrababu Naidu has again took U-Turn and developed a soft corner on the party's former ally, Jana Sena Party. Meanwhile soon after the TDP broke off its ties with the BJP, the Telugu Desam Party refrained from making any criticism of Pawan Kalyan or Jana Sena despite a slew of attacks from the Jana Sena leaders and supporters.
- Tehelka Mathews makes another accusation on Jayalalitha's mysterious death!
- Tamilisai opens up on DMK alliance!
- Priyanka Gandhi enters active politics!
- Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!