Due to the flooding in Kollidam River, the things in homes of more than 700 houses in the nearby locality have been washed away, thereby troubling the people who were living peacefully so far in the houses. There have been extremely heavy rain falls in Kerala, Karnataka and Tamilnadu's Western Ghats zones and due to this, the excess water in Karnataka's Krishnarajasagar and Kabini dams were opened out.
Due to the excess water overflowing, Tamilnadu's Bhavani and Amaravathi dams were filled and excess water was released into Cauvery. As water came at the rate of 2.35 cubic feet per minute, the water was diverted from Mukombu to Kollidam and Cauvery. The Kollidam flooding had entered Pazhaiyar port to enter the sea. Due to water flow of 2 lakhs cubic feet per minute in Kollidam, water had entered into Ullamuthalaimedu and Nadhalpadugai villages. 2000 people residing in these villages were evacuated immediately with the help of boats, and they were made to stay in Aachalpura, and Manganapattu.
However, the things in more than 700
houses of these villages were washed away by the flood, and the people of the
villages who are affected badly, are demanding relief materials from the
government. Due to the floods, 500 acres of crops were affected in
Maoist killers identified! The 3 Maoists who had killed the Andhra Pradesh MLA were identified and their photos were released. Kidari Sarwesawar Rao had been selected to the assembly from Andhra's Vishakapatnam constituency. MLA Kidari Sarweswar Rao and former MLA Siveri Soma were among those killed by the Maoists on Sunday.
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia