Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that On August 15, as news channels in the rest of India celebrated Independence Day, Malayalam news channels did not have time to pause. Meanwhile they were in the midst of an unprecedented crisis, with flood waters engulfing large portions of the state. Furthermore this was a disaster of unimaginable proportions, and in the wrong hands, the coverage of the floods, too, could have been disastrous.
As per report the Malayalam TV channels in the state decided to keep calm and deal with the crisis in the only right way to do it: with absolute maturity and zero theatrics, where no one dived into water or got into a metaphorical bathtub and no one screamed or took credit for ‘being the first’ or ‘being the best’. Accordingly most of these channels received thousands of calls on their helpline, and many of them also suspend all ad breaks in order to show continuous coverage of floods.
An editor said “Many channels are planning to
collect funds for fishermen whose boats were damaged during rescue missions”, but
through the crisis, even when reporters on ground knew their own houses were
flooded and were reporting from precarious situations, they kept their calm. Moreover
there was hardly any screeching or blame-games, even when highly distressed
people called the channels or confronted reporters on ground, they were mature.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections