Sources from New York stated that US President Donald Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty in New York on Tuesday to campaign finance violations and other charges, saying he made payments to influence the 2016 election at the direction of a candidate for federal office. Meanwhile the guilty pleas came in the same hour that a federal jury in Alexandria, Virginia, convicted former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort of eight charges of tax and bank fraud and failing to disclose foreign bank accounts.
Accordingly Cohen, 51, appearing in federal court in Manhattan, pleaded guilty to one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate campaign contribution and one count of making an excessive campaign contribution. Moreover Cohen, one of Trump's closest associates for more than a decade, said he arranged to make payments "for (the) principal purpose of influencing (the) election" at the direction of a candidate for federal office.
Moreover in addition, Cohen recorded a conversation
with Trump two months before the election in which they discussed buying the
rights to a story by former Playboy model Karen Mc Dougal, who said she had an
affair with Trump, lawyer Rudy Giuliani said last month. Hence under U.S.
election law, campaign contributions, defined as things of value given to a
campaign in order to influence an election, must be disclosed.
Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar New Delhi sources stated that Supreme Court lifted a ban on the manufacture and sale of Piramal's painkiller Saridon and two other drugs Piriton and Dart for now. Accordingly these drugs were part of the 328 Fixed Dose Combination (FDC) drugs whose manufacture, distribution and sale were banned by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on September 12.
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!