Sources from Gaza stated that Ahmad Tamimi, a Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) Executive Committee member, in a press statement termed the US President's comments as "useless". He said "Trump's remarks express the biased US policy towards Israel and a continuation of the US illusions, which include passing the new peace 'Deal of Century' without Jerusalem being the capital for the Palestinian state". The senior PLO official said "Trump won't be able to remove the issue of Jerusalem from hearts of the Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims”.
The Palestinian leaders have repeatedly announced their categorical rejection of any US Middle East peace plan that excludes Jerusalem, the refugees issue and Jewish settlements. Trump said in a speech in Virginia "During the negotiations, Israel will pay a much higher price because it has taken a very valuable gift”, further referring to his recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel last December.
Accordingly Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas
earlier said that he will neither hold talks with the Trump administration nor
accept it as the peace mediator before it backs down on its decision on
Jerusalem. Moreover Hamas spokesman in Gaza, Sami Abu Zuhri, called Trump's
decision to remove Jerusalem from Palestinian Israeli talks "very
dangerous and severing all contacts and ties with the US administration”.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!