Accordingly the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra Pradesh is doing its best to put up a Muslim friendly face ahead of the elections, after it parted ways with the BJP. Meanwhile ‘Nara hamara’, meaning AP Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu is a man of the Muslims, is a catchword promoted in the TDP boardroom in the run up to a state level convention of Muslims slated for August 28 in AP’s Guntur district.
Moreover the convention aims at projecting Naidu as a protector of Muslim interests by trying to pacify their ruffled feelings. Reports added the TDP has been blowing hot and cold towards Muslims ever since Naidu took over the party reins from founder and matinee idol NT Rama Rao. Furthermore the support of Muslims minorities, constituting 9-11% in AP, is crucial to any mainstream party fighting for power in the state.
The surveys carried out by independent agencies
during the previous election revealed that Muslims would decide the fate of
candidates in 22-25 Assembly segments out of 175 and could influence polls in
another 10 constituencies in the four districts of Rayalaseema and another four
coastal districts from Nellore to Krishna. Presently
Naidu has begun to
woo Muslims to make up for the loss his party is likely to suffer due to Jana
Sena leader Pawan Kalyan parting ways with the TDP..
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other