Accordingly the ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in Andhra Pradesh is doing its best to put up a Muslim friendly face ahead of the elections, after it parted ways with the BJP. Meanwhile ‘Nara hamara’, meaning AP Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu is a man of the Muslims, is a catchword promoted in the TDP boardroom in the run up to a state level convention of Muslims slated for August 28 in AP’s Guntur district.
Moreover the convention aims at projecting Naidu as a protector of Muslim interests by trying to pacify their ruffled feelings. Reports added the TDP has been blowing hot and cold towards Muslims ever since Naidu took over the party reins from founder and matinee idol NT Rama Rao. Furthermore the support of Muslims minorities, constituting 9-11% in AP, is crucial to any mainstream party fighting for power in the state.
The surveys carried out by independent agencies
during the previous election revealed that Muslims would decide the fate of
candidates in 22-25 Assembly segments out of 175 and could influence polls in
another 10 constituencies in the four districts of Rayalaseema and another four
coastal districts from Nellore to Krishna. Presently
Naidu has begun to
woo Muslims to make up for the loss his party is likely to suffer due to Jana
Sena leader Pawan Kalyan parting ways with the TDP..
UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1 Lucknow sources stated that government doctors in Uttar Pradesh under the banner of Provincial Medical Services Association UP announced their decision to wear black bands on October 1 in support of their demands including promotion issues and non-practice allowance. A statement issued by the association said "Government doctors across the state will register their protest
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee