According to report the Sabarimala temple in Kerala will remain closed to the public until further notice due to the overflowing Pamba River. Meanwhile the temple was closed on August 13 following massive floods. According to the temple authorities, the floods have caused damage worth Rs 100 crore to its infrastructure. As per report A. Padmakumar, President of the Travancore Devasom Board which manages the Sabarimala temple, told the media that they had no other option but to close it down.
Moreover the sluice gates of two dams that form a part of the Sabarigiri project were opened after heavy rains and subsequent floods ravaged places in and around the temple town and however, all the religious rituals of the temple will be conducted. Furthermore following the decision, several pilgrims from Tamilnadu who had planned for a pilgrimage have cancelled their trip.
Previously it was reported that Ayyappa
temple at Sabarimala will remain temporarily inaccessible to pilgrims following
flooding of the Pampa Triveni Bridge. Moreover the bridge was submerged
due to water gushing from the opening of two dams as a result of heavy downpour
in the districts. Further the pilgrims traveling to Sabarimala were
instructed not to visit the temple as the river was flowing in full spate in
the region. Presently the district administration was monitoring the situation
and had restrained devotees at Erimeli and Pathanamthitta.
Janasena Party Cheating CPI Party? Janasena, Bahujan Samaj Party and the Left parties are contesting together in these elections. But now differences have crept in between Janasena Party and the CPI. Vijayawada CPI Lok Sabha constituency Candidate Chalasani Ajay Kumar criticized Pawan Kalyan for insulting the CPI. Without saying anything to them, he said, how Janasena can announce of the candidate for Vijayawada?
- Transgender filed nomination from Madurai
- Banks Put TDP MP's Assets on Auction for Defaulting Loans
- Actress Sri Reddy attacked by unknown
- Hyderabad Airport gets a Swanky New Interim Terminal
- Why no BJP candidate has filed nomination in Pathanamthitta, where Sabarimala Is Located?
- Justice still in queue for Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev : Imtiaz Rashid Qureshi
- KTR feels proud of his Father KCR
- Pawan Kalyan Selling Party Tickets?
- TDP Candidate To Withdraw His Nomination?
- Jagan's Sakshi Media on Sale?
- Pawan took massive rally in Bhimavaram
- Pawan Kalyan Missed A Simple Logic?
- Tennis star Serena Willaims joined actress Priyanka Chopra as investor of Bumble
- YS Jagan reaffirmed Jalayagnam project on Water Day
- 24 districts in TN declared drought-hit on account of failure of northeast monsoon