According to report the Sabarimala temple in Kerala will remain closed to the public until further notice due to the overflowing Pamba River. Meanwhile the temple was closed on August 13 following massive floods. According to the temple authorities, the floods have caused damage worth Rs 100 crore to its infrastructure. As per report A. Padmakumar, President of the Travancore Devasom Board which manages the Sabarimala temple, told the media that they had no other option but to close it down.
Moreover the sluice gates of two dams that form a part of the Sabarigiri project were opened after heavy rains and subsequent floods ravaged places in and around the temple town and however, all the religious rituals of the temple will be conducted. Furthermore following the decision, several pilgrims from Tamilnadu who had planned for a pilgrimage have cancelled their trip.
Previously it was reported that Ayyappa
temple at Sabarimala will remain temporarily inaccessible to pilgrims following
flooding of the Pampa Triveni Bridge. Moreover the bridge was submerged
due to water gushing from the opening of two dams as a result of heavy downpour
in the districts. Further the pilgrims traveling to Sabarimala were
instructed not to visit the temple as the river was flowing in full spate in
the region. Presently the district administration was monitoring the situation
and had restrained devotees at Erimeli and Pathanamthitta.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?