According to report the Sabarimala temple in Kerala will remain closed to the public until further notice due to the overflowing Pamba River. Meanwhile the temple was closed on August 13 following massive floods. According to the temple authorities, the floods have caused damage worth Rs 100 crore to its infrastructure. As per report A. Padmakumar, President of the Travancore Devasom Board which manages the Sabarimala temple, told the media that they had no other option but to close it down.
Moreover the sluice gates of two dams that form a part of the Sabarigiri project were opened after heavy rains and subsequent floods ravaged places in and around the temple town and however, all the religious rituals of the temple will be conducted. Furthermore following the decision, several pilgrims from Tamilnadu who had planned for a pilgrimage have cancelled their trip.
Previously it was reported that Ayyappa
temple at Sabarimala will remain temporarily inaccessible to pilgrims following
flooding of the Pampa Triveni Bridge. Moreover the bridge was submerged
due to water gushing from the opening of two dams as a result of heavy downpour
in the districts. Further the pilgrims traveling to Sabarimala were
instructed not to visit the temple as the river was flowing in full spate in
the region. Presently the district administration was monitoring the situation
and had restrained devotees at Erimeli and Pathanamthitta.
Why Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly & left to Mumbai? Accordingly Jana Sena Chief's secret meeting in Mumbai is raising several questions in political circles. Meanwhile it is a known fact that Jana Sena Party and YSRCP have decided to refrain from contesting in the Telangana elections by indirectly agreeing to support TRS. As per report Pawan halted his Praja Porata Yatra abruptly and headed to Mumbai.
- California Wildfire death toll Rose to 80
- What astrologers say various political entities in Telangana elections 2018?
- Andhra Man found under Moving Train, Escaped miraculously Watch this VIDEO!
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway in Gurgaon
- Telangana Polls : TRS Vs Mahakutami - Ramana promises Mahakutami will bring down KCR family
- Revanth Ready set to score a hat-trick this time
- Dog meat controversy catches fire!
- CM yet to visit Delta - The reasons?
- People surround ministers in Orathanadu!
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning