As per report Thiruvananthapuram MP and former diplomat Shashi Tharoor said Kerala government can seek assistance of the United Nations to rebuild the flood ravaged state, if needed, through organizing an 'international reconstruction conference', on Wednesday. Meanwhile based on his conversations with several UN aid agencies officials in Geneva during August 20-21, Tharoor asked the state to examine whether it requires the situation in Kerala to be assessed by the various agencies of the United Nations.
Tharoor said "Depending on whether the quantum of long term reconstruction assistance from the central government is adequate, the state government could give thought to holding an international reconstruction conference to 'Rebuild Kerala better' in partnership with the UN system so that significant international assistance in reconstruction can be facilitated”.
Furthermore since most rescue work is complete in
the state, it could request two million WHO stock of anti-cholera vaccines to
minimize the risk of grave water borne diseases, he suggested, as offered by
the agency during his visit. Moreover after meeting the officials of UN Office
for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), World Health Organization
(WHO), and International Red Cross, in informal capacity, Tharoor explored ways
through which situation in Kerala can be alleviated.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018