As per report Thiruvananthapuram MP and former diplomat Shashi Tharoor said Kerala government can seek assistance of the United Nations to rebuild the flood ravaged state, if needed, through organizing an 'international reconstruction conference', on Wednesday. Meanwhile based on his conversations with several UN aid agencies officials in Geneva during August 20-21, Tharoor asked the state to examine whether it requires the situation in Kerala to be assessed by the various agencies of the United Nations.
Tharoor said "Depending on whether the quantum of long term reconstruction assistance from the central government is adequate, the state government could give thought to holding an international reconstruction conference to 'Rebuild Kerala better' in partnership with the UN system so that significant international assistance in reconstruction can be facilitated”.
Furthermore since most rescue work is complete in
the state, it could request two million WHO stock of anti-cholera vaccines to
minimize the risk of grave water borne diseases, he suggested, as offered by
the agency during his visit. Moreover after meeting the officials of UN Office
for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), World Health Organization
(WHO), and International Red Cross, in informal capacity, Tharoor explored ways
through which situation in Kerala can be alleviated.
COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users Accordingly the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) has raised objections to the proposal by the union government to regulate internet platforms. Meanwhile as per report, the main opponents to the move are incumbent operators, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone, while interestingly the other major player and new entrant, Reliance Jio, have no problem with the government’s move.
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day