As per report Tamilnadu government has taken a decision to procure the eggs required for the mid-day meal schemes in schools from poultry farmers directly. Meanwhile as per reports, the reform in procurement will now allow only poultry farmers to take part in the tender process for supplying eggs intended for the scheme.
Furthermore as per report the new decision also has reduced the tender period from one year to six months. Previously, the tenders were issued for one year and it allowed middlemen also to take part in it. Moreover based on the new norms, poultry farmers with more than Rs 10 crore as annual turnover for the past three years are eligible to apply. However, up to three farmers can apply together if their combined annual turnover crosses Rs 10 crore and the applicants must be capable of producing at least 1 lakh eggs a day.
Moreover the egg procurement process of Tamilnadu
was the subject of controversy recently when Union Minister Pon
Radhakrishnan alleged that there was a scam worth Rs 5,000 crore in
the procurement of eggs for the noon-meal scheme for government schools in
Tamilnadu. Further the state government, however, had rubbished the claims of
the minister and said that the IT raids were conducted for alleged tax evasion
and it did not mean that there were irregularities in the supply of eggs to
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam