As per report Tamilnadu government has taken a decision to procure the eggs required for the mid-day meal schemes in schools from poultry farmers directly. Meanwhile as per reports, the reform in procurement will now allow only poultry farmers to take part in the tender process for supplying eggs intended for the scheme.
Furthermore as per report the new decision also has reduced the tender period from one year to six months. Previously, the tenders were issued for one year and it allowed middlemen also to take part in it. Moreover based on the new norms, poultry farmers with more than Rs 10 crore as annual turnover for the past three years are eligible to apply. However, up to three farmers can apply together if their combined annual turnover crosses Rs 10 crore and the applicants must be capable of producing at least 1 lakh eggs a day.
Moreover the egg procurement process of Tamilnadu
was the subject of controversy recently when Union Minister Pon
Radhakrishnan alleged that there was a scam worth Rs 5,000 crore in
the procurement of eggs for the noon-meal scheme for government schools in
Tamilnadu. Further the state government, however, had rubbished the claims of
the minister and said that the IT raids were conducted for alleged tax evasion
and it did not mean that there were irregularities in the supply of eggs to
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome