Sources from Chennai stated that Chennaiites celebrated the 379th birthday of the city they call home by reconnecting with their history and appreciating the present. Meanwhile the uniqueness of commemorating such an event is that different people use their own skills to do so.
Accordingly a group of cyclists, Cycling Yogis, rode along the East Coast Road and marked out important heritage sites along it. With Mahabalipuram being not very far away, the stretch is filled with ancient temples and heritage buildings. Ramanujar Moulana of Cycling Yogis “Everybody looks at the heritage buildings within the city and the ones outside of it are forgotten. This ride was to bring awareness to these forgotten buildings of great heritage”.
Sridhar Venkataraman who conducts the walks said “These
walks are usually attended by food enthusiasts, youngsters but also people who
have lived here and shopped here for a long time but completely unaware of the
food scene”. Moreover another important feature is that people who usually
disregard street food or food from such small joints begin to appreciate them
after these walks and even children too celebrated it in various ways. Further some
walked through popular heritage sites in the city, along Valluvar Kottam,
Nungambakkam and Independence Day Park on a photo walk.
India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated Currently the case across the globe, India is facing a rising tide of people unwilling to allow themselves, or their children to be vaccinated. Accordingly this presents a considerable issue, as immunization levels fall the overall effect of a vaccination campaign is diminished. Meanwhile the concept is known as herd immunity.
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant