Sources from Chennai stated that Chennaiites celebrated the 379th birthday of the city they call home by reconnecting with their history and appreciating the present. Meanwhile the uniqueness of commemorating such an event is that different people use their own skills to do so.
Accordingly a group of cyclists, Cycling Yogis, rode along the East Coast Road and marked out important heritage sites along it. With Mahabalipuram being not very far away, the stretch is filled with ancient temples and heritage buildings. Ramanujar Moulana of Cycling Yogis “Everybody looks at the heritage buildings within the city and the ones outside of it are forgotten. This ride was to bring awareness to these forgotten buildings of great heritage”.
Sridhar Venkataraman who conducts the walks said “These
walks are usually attended by food enthusiasts, youngsters but also people who
have lived here and shopped here for a long time but completely unaware of the
food scene”. Moreover another important feature is that people who usually
disregard street food or food from such small joints begin to appreciate them
after these walks and even children too celebrated it in various ways. Further some
walked through popular heritage sites in the city, along Valluvar Kottam,
Nungambakkam and Independence Day Park on a photo walk.
India moving towards 5G: PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the country’s telecom sector has revived from its period of “darkness” and are among the fastest growing sectors in the country. Meanwhile when speaking at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the India International Convention and Expo Centre here
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD