Sources from Canberra stated that Former treasurer Scott Morrison is set to replace to Malcom Turnbull as Australia's sixth Prime Minister in just over 10 years, following a leadership vote on Friday which ended a week of chaos. Accordingly a member of the ruling Liberal party's conservative faction and former immigration Minister, Morrison defeated former Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton by 45 votes to 40 at a closed door leadership vote shortly earlier in the day.
Meanwhile Marino added that Minister for the Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg, had been elected as Deputy Prime Minister. Furthermore the development followed days of speculation and confusion over whether Turnbull could maintain his grip on the premiership in the face of a conservative uprising.
Moreover the leadership crisis began on Tuesday following a backlash in
the Liberal Party over Turnbull's climate change policy, which would have
legislated the Paris Agreement goals. Further Dutton, a leader in the party's
conservative faction, stood against Turnbull for the leadership in a vote on
Tuesday, losing only narrowly by 48 votes to 35 and all but guaranteeing a
second vote. Further Morrison's election to the top of the Liberal Party is
just the latest in a revolving door of leadership changes in the Australian
capital in the past decade.
Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch According to sources week before the launch of the Burgman Street, dealerships have started displaying the new scooter and accepting bookings. Some dealers have also stated the upcoming 125cc scooter is likely to be priced from Rs 68,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Deliveries are expected to begin by the end of July or early August.
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind
- Puducherry CM slammed KCR
- Why Prabhas not showing interest in his marriage?
- Chandrababu Naidu released TDPs candidates list for Telangana Polls
- Pawan Kalyan contributed Rs. 100 for serving people
- World's biggest OIL supplier Saudi Arabia announced plans to cut production
- Tougher laws & stricter implementation for rapism & Murder against girls: Rajinikanth
- Cochin International Airport bags an award
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto