Sources from Canberra stated that Former treasurer Scott Morrison is set to replace to Malcom Turnbull as Australia's sixth Prime Minister in just over 10 years, following a leadership vote on Friday which ended a week of chaos. Accordingly a member of the ruling Liberal party's conservative faction and former immigration Minister, Morrison defeated former Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton by 45 votes to 40 at a closed door leadership vote shortly earlier in the day.
Meanwhile Marino added that Minister for the Environment and Energy, Josh Frydenberg, had been elected as Deputy Prime Minister. Furthermore the development followed days of speculation and confusion over whether Turnbull could maintain his grip on the premiership in the face of a conservative uprising.
Moreover the leadership crisis began on Tuesday following a backlash in
the Liberal Party over Turnbull's climate change policy, which would have
legislated the Paris Agreement goals. Further Dutton, a leader in the party's
conservative faction, stood against Turnbull for the leadership in a vote on
Tuesday, losing only narrowly by 48 votes to 35 and all but guaranteeing a
second vote. Further Morrison's election to the top of the Liberal Party is
just the latest in a revolving door of leadership changes in the Australian
capital in the past decade.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours