Chennai sources stated that Day after Kerala accused Tamilnadu’s sudden release of water from the Mullaperiyar dam as one of the reasons for the devastating floods in the state, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy on Friday termed the accusation “false and baseless”. Palaniswamy told media “Kerala's accusations towards Tamilnadu are false and baseless and if you say, excess water was discharged from one dam (Mullaperiyar) then how did water reach all parts of Kerala? The excess discharge of water from 80 dams caused the flood in Kerala”.
Meanwhile the Pinarayi Vijayan government had told the Supreme Court that as the water level breached 137 feet mark at Mullaperiyar Dam, authorities in Kerala decided to evacuate people who lived in the dams downstream. Accordingly the affidavit filed by the Chief Secretary stated that out of the total population of about 3.48 crore, more than 54 lakh or one sixth of Kerala’s population had been directly affected by the floods.
Further the affidavit further said that in the wake of prior alerts by its
engineers, Kerala's Water Resources Secretary had written to her counterpart in
Tamilnadu and the Chairman of the Supervisory Committee on Mullaperiyar dam
requesting controlled release of water without waiting for the water level in
the reservoir to reach its full level.
Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21 Sources from New Delhi made a statement that Congress MP and Sunanda Pushkar’s husband Shashi Tharoor has been charged as the key accused, with the prosecution booking him under IPC sections 498A (subjecting wife to cruelty) and 306 (abetment to suicide) was present in the court. Meanwhile police have asked 10 days' time from the court to argue on charges leveled against Shashi Tharoor.
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India
- TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD