Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan has requested the people of Kerala to celebrate Onam festival by spending money for flood relief activities. The rains which played Havoc in the lives of Kerala people had resulted in deaths of more than 400 people besides loss of houses and properties, and delivered a disaster never before seen by the state in past 100 years.
Listening to the request of chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan to offer help, helping minds from various states of the country and from other nations as well started pouring help, and in this situation, Pinarayi Vijayan had given a statement. He had announced that due to the natural disaster faced by Kerala the government has cancelled the Onam festival celebrations, and that the money allocated for Onam celebrations will be utilized for flood relief activities.
This decision was welcomed by all
people as well. Following help from various corners and with the rains
subsiding, Kerala started rebuilding itself and now Pinarayi Vijayan has
requested people to celebrate Onam by helping flood relief activities, and
vowed to rise and rebuild Kerala, and his words have motivated the people of
Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award According to sources despite her golden run in international athletics this season, teenaged sprint sensation Hima Das said she did not expect her name to be nominated for this year's Arjuna award. Meanwhile the 18 year old Assamese athlete was among the 20 sportsperson recommended for the Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia
- Rahul Gandhi called Congress Workers been Lathi charged as "dictatorship under PM Modi"
- Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24