According to sources News from home was even more upsetting then they imagined. Sitting thousands of miles away, in the US, they felt helpless as they heard about the floods in Kerala destroying homes and lives. Meanwhile then they quietly began a fundraising campaign on Facebook and in 8 days raised more than $1.5 million, which amounts to more than Rs 10.5 crore, where this would be given to the Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund.
As per report Arun Nella, who co-founded a startup apart from running other businesses in Chicago, got the idea, speaking to a group of friends. “The support given by five of them is what made the fundraiser happen”. Furthermore joining him in the fundraiser was Ajomon, another businessman based in Chicago.
Moreover after receiving news of the amount donated
by them, a letter came to them from M Sivasankar IAS, secretary to Kerala Chief
Minister, inviting Arun and Ajomon to a meeting with the CM. The letter says “It
is my pleasure to invite you to come down to Kerala and meet the Hon. Chief
Minister and receive our State’s gratitude in person”. Further Arun reveals
that the fundraiser had to be closed because it was started as a personal
fundraiser and he had to check the taxes and other formalities.
Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling Accordingly once the darling of Indian Smartphone users, desi brands like Micromax, Karbonn, Lava, Intex and few others have nearly been decimated by affordable yet powerful devices from the Chinese vendors that have flooded both online and offline channels. Earlier in the 2013-2014 period, the domestic brands gained great traction and enjoyed 40-45% market share till the time Chinese behemoths entered
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?