According to sources News from home was even more upsetting then they imagined. Sitting thousands of miles away, in the US, they felt helpless as they heard about the floods in Kerala destroying homes and lives. Meanwhile then they quietly began a fundraising campaign on Facebook and in 8 days raised more than $1.5 million, which amounts to more than Rs 10.5 crore, where this would be given to the Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund.
As per report Arun Nella, who co-founded a startup apart from running other businesses in Chicago, got the idea, speaking to a group of friends. “The support given by five of them is what made the fundraiser happen”. Furthermore joining him in the fundraiser was Ajomon, another businessman based in Chicago.
Moreover after receiving news of the amount donated
by them, a letter came to them from M Sivasankar IAS, secretary to Kerala Chief
Minister, inviting Arun and Ajomon to a meeting with the CM. The letter says “It
is my pleasure to invite you to come down to Kerala and meet the Hon. Chief
Minister and receive our State’s gratitude in person”. Further Arun reveals
that the fundraiser had to be closed because it was started as a personal
fundraiser and he had to check the taxes and other formalities.
Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions? Hyderabad sources added following the incident of an ambulance being trapped during an election rally of TRS MP Malla Reddy at Jawahar Nagar, the city traffic chief has warned law enforcement enforcers against the organizers who are behind violations especially those who endanger the lives of commuters.
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind