New York sources reported that in a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen yesterday, the Business Roundtable urged a rethink of recent directives from Washington that have thrown the status of workers into doubt and are damaging the recruitment of talent. The roundtable said in the letter "Few workers will move their family and settle in a new country if, at any time and without notice, the government can force their immediate departure often without explanation”.
Furthermore it was reported that "At a time when the number of job vacancies is reaching historic highs due to labour shortages, now is not the time restrict access to talent." The Business Roundtable represents most of the biggest US companies and the group has criticized the Trump administration before on immigration, while praising the White House for cutting taxes and regulation. Meanwhile among those chief executives signing the letter are Apple's Tim Cook, JPMorgan Chase's Jamie Dimon, Coca-Cola's James Quincey, IBM's Ginni Rometty and Marriott's Arne Sorenson.
Moreover the executives faulted US Citizenship
and Immigration Services, which is under Nielsen's authority, for having
inconsistent determinations that can result in sudden denials to employees who
have been successfully permitted for years. Furthermore in some cases, these
problems affect employees permitted under at the H-1B program, which lets firms
hire skilled foreign recruits to fill specialized positions.
Chill breeze to prolong for 4 days in Tamilnadu Chennai sources stated that as the experience of till now, Tamilnadu is getting cold. Meanwhile the weather center has warned that it will become more and more in the next four days. Reportedly in Tamilnadu, the northeast monsoon season was completed in December, 2018. This year, during the northeast monsoon, four storms were formed, but only 'kajah' storm provided some rainfall.
- DMK Chief MK Stalin to attend Mamata Banerjee's Party meet on January 19
- Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam