New York sources reported that in a letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen yesterday, the Business Roundtable urged a rethink of recent directives from Washington that have thrown the status of workers into doubt and are damaging the recruitment of talent. The roundtable said in the letter "Few workers will move their family and settle in a new country if, at any time and without notice, the government can force their immediate departure often without explanation”.
Furthermore it was reported that "At a time when the number of job vacancies is reaching historic highs due to labour shortages, now is not the time restrict access to talent." The Business Roundtable represents most of the biggest US companies and the group has criticized the Trump administration before on immigration, while praising the White House for cutting taxes and regulation. Meanwhile among those chief executives signing the letter are Apple's Tim Cook, JPMorgan Chase's Jamie Dimon, Coca-Cola's James Quincey, IBM's Ginni Rometty and Marriott's Arne Sorenson.
Moreover the executives faulted US Citizenship
and Immigration Services, which is under Nielsen's authority, for having
inconsistent determinations that can result in sudden denials to employees who
have been successfully permitted for years. Furthermore in some cases, these
problems affect employees permitted under at the H-1B program, which lets firms
hire skilled foreign recruits to fill specialized positions.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome