Kurnool sources stated that Kurnool police are coming up with newer restrictions, traffic diversions and even had suggested that many schools close down much before the stipulated time. Presently the town has been turned into a police fortress and all these measures are for Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu's scheduled Dharma Porata Deeksha.
Furthermore the police restrictions have turned out to be a hindrance to the people, who recalled that they had never ever seen such police activity in the town. Moreover they said that earlier on many occasions the AP CM had come to town for attending different events, but police restrictions, were never in place. Meanwhile as per report this was the first time that people are forced to face such hardships. Further many students have been taken into preventive custody on Friday itself sensing that they might protest at the CM's meeting.
Further apart from students, the police had also taken into preventive
custody persons who they thought would create problems near the Deeksha venue. Moreover
they have also rounded up intellectuals and social service organizations
leaders and the police personnel from neighboring districts of Anantapur and
YSR Kadapa districts were brought for maintaining law and order in Kurnool town
during Chandrababu's visit.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours