According to sources six people have been killed by floodwaters in Taiwan, officials said yesterday, after days of heavy rain forced thousands to evacuate their homes. Meanwhile a tropical depression has been dumping torrential rain in central and southern Taiwan since Thursday, with some districts receiving close to 1,000 millimeters of rainfall.
Reports added that six have died in the storm so far, according to government figures, including three who were killed by a falling scaffold in the southern city of Kaohsiung and almost 100 more were injured. Officials said more than 6,000 people were evacuated with more than 1,100 still in shelters on Saturday morning. Furthermore images showed residents in Kaohsiung and nearby Tainan wading in knee deep water, as well as soldiers in central Chiayi county carrying elderly residents and children from their flooded homes.
Moreover television footage also showed scooters and cars half-submerged
in water and roads blocked by landslides. Further although the depression has
already moved northwest away from Taiwan, floods have yet to recede in many
areas. Hence Taiwan's weather bureau said the severity of the downpour was
"extremely rare" and the island is frequently hit by typhoons in the
summer. Last year more than 100 people were injured when Typhoon Nesat battered
the island, causing flooding and widespread power outages
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome