According to sources six people have been killed by floodwaters in Taiwan, officials said yesterday, after days of heavy rain forced thousands to evacuate their homes. Meanwhile a tropical depression has been dumping torrential rain in central and southern Taiwan since Thursday, with some districts receiving close to 1,000 millimeters of rainfall.
Reports added that six have died in the storm so far, according to government figures, including three who were killed by a falling scaffold in the southern city of Kaohsiung and almost 100 more were injured. Officials said more than 6,000 people were evacuated with more than 1,100 still in shelters on Saturday morning. Furthermore images showed residents in Kaohsiung and nearby Tainan wading in knee deep water, as well as soldiers in central Chiayi county carrying elderly residents and children from their flooded homes.
Moreover television footage also showed scooters and cars half-submerged
in water and roads blocked by landslides. Further although the depression has
already moved northwest away from Taiwan, floods have yet to recede in many
areas. Hence Taiwan's weather bureau said the severity of the downpour was
"extremely rare" and the island is frequently hit by typhoons in the
summer. Last year more than 100 people were injured when Typhoon Nesat battered
the island, causing flooding and widespread power outages
Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain According to sources it was stated that the world famous "Bikini Climber" of died of suspected hypothermia after a fall in Taiwan's Yushan National Park. Reportedly Hypothermia is a condition in which a human body dissipates more heat than it absorbs, in this case due to exposure to extreme cold.
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies