Chennai sources reported that the Crime Branch CID (CB-CID) police informed the Madras high court that assistant professor Nirmala Devi, arrested in connection with Madurai Kamaraj University sex scandal, has ‘voluntarily’ confessed during custodial interrogation that she tried to lure girl students only to offer sexual favors to other two accused in the case Murugan and Karuppasamy.
According to report the ASP, Lavanya informed in an affidavit filed before the court that with the assistance of cybercrime cell, the Call Data Records (CDR) of Nirmala Devi, Karuppasamy and Murugan were obtained from Mobile Service Providers (MSP). During investigation, it was found that the accused had conspired and Nirmala Devi on various occasions induced four girl students for sexual exploitation.
Moreover the ASP filed the affidavit in response to a PIL filed by D
Ganesan of the Revolutionary Students’ Youth Front (RSYF) seeking a direction
to constitute a special investigation team (SIT), comprising women police
officers, who are led by a gender-sensitive officer in the rank of DIG. Further
the division bench headed by Justice Huluvadi G Ramesh referred the PIL to the
first bench headed by Chief Justice VK Tahilramani.
Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties Hyderabad sources reported that no Muslim woman candidate has won the Assembly elections after 1957. Meanwhile only two Muslim woman candidates Shajahan Begum and Masooma Begum were elected from Shadnagar and Pathergatti constituencies. Accordingly Muslims in Telangana state are upset over the attitude of political parties in fielding Muslim candidates considering their population.
- A new memoir titled "Becoming" by Michelle Obama out
- Bengaluru likely to receive rainfall on November 16-17 & 22-23
- Swiggy plans to deploy Women as delivery personnel across India
- Has AP government misused Tirumala Tirupathi temple funds?
- Sexual abuser arrested finally!
- Infosys founder supports Modi!
- Downfall of Rajapakse govt!
- Gaja reaches Chennai!
- SC to hear 49 Review Petitions in Sabarimala Temple case
- PM Narendra Modi is in Singapore for East Asia Summit
- Melania Trump explicitly Donald Trump to oust Mira Ricardel
- Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions?
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!