Chennai sources reported that the Crime Branch CID (CB-CID) police informed the Madras high court that assistant professor Nirmala Devi, arrested in connection with Madurai Kamaraj University sex scandal, has ‘voluntarily’ confessed during custodial interrogation that she tried to lure girl students only to offer sexual favors to other two accused in the case Murugan and Karuppasamy.
According to report the ASP, Lavanya informed in an affidavit filed before the court that with the assistance of cybercrime cell, the Call Data Records (CDR) of Nirmala Devi, Karuppasamy and Murugan were obtained from Mobile Service Providers (MSP). During investigation, it was found that the accused had conspired and Nirmala Devi on various occasions induced four girl students for sexual exploitation.
Moreover the ASP filed the affidavit in response to a PIL filed by D
Ganesan of the Revolutionary Students’ Youth Front (RSYF) seeking a direction
to constitute a special investigation team (SIT), comprising women police
officers, who are led by a gender-sensitive officer in the rank of DIG. Further
the division bench headed by Justice Huluvadi G Ramesh referred the PIL to the
first bench headed by Chief Justice VK Tahilramani.
Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar New Delhi sources stated that Supreme Court lifted a ban on the manufacture and sale of Piramal's painkiller Saridon and two other drugs Piriton and Dart for now. Accordingly these drugs were part of the 328 Fixed Dose Combination (FDC) drugs whose manufacture, distribution and sale were banned by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on September 12.
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!