Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that previously Mahatma Gandhi had termed the misery of the people as "unimaginable" and stepped in to mobilize over Rs 6,000 to help them, records show. Meanwhile if the present rain fury has claimed over 290 lives and displaced over 10 lakh people, the massive floods that crippled the state in July 1924 are believed to have claimed a large number of lives and caused widespread destruction.
Accordingly Mahatma Gandhi, through a series of articles in his publications 'Young India' and 'Navajivan', had urged people of the country to generously contribute for the relief of the flood hit' Malabar' (Kerala). Meanwhile following his appeal, people from various walks of life including women and children had donated even their gold jewels and meager savings to help the flood affected people. According to the journals penned by him “Many had skipped a meal daily or given up milk to find money to contribute to relief fund mobilized by Gandhi”.
Earlier the "Father of the Nation" had mentioned in one of his
articles in 'Navajivan' about a girl who had stolen three paisa to contribute
to the relief fund.Presently from school children to corporate giants, all are
contributing to the relief fund to help rebuild the flood hit state, whose loss
has been estimated to be over Rs 20,000.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy