Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that previously Mahatma Gandhi had termed the misery of the people as "unimaginable" and stepped in to mobilize over Rs 6,000 to help them, records show. Meanwhile if the present rain fury has claimed over 290 lives and displaced over 10 lakh people, the massive floods that crippled the state in July 1924 are believed to have claimed a large number of lives and caused widespread destruction.
Accordingly Mahatma Gandhi, through a series of articles in his publications 'Young India' and 'Navajivan', had urged people of the country to generously contribute for the relief of the flood hit' Malabar' (Kerala). Meanwhile following his appeal, people from various walks of life including women and children had donated even their gold jewels and meager savings to help the flood affected people. According to the journals penned by him “Many had skipped a meal daily or given up milk to find money to contribute to relief fund mobilized by Gandhi”.
Earlier the "Father of the Nation" had mentioned in one of his
articles in 'Navajivan' about a girl who had stolen three paisa to contribute
to the relief fund.Presently from school children to corporate giants, all are
contributing to the relief fund to help rebuild the flood hit state, whose loss
has been estimated to be over Rs 20,000.
Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag Sources from Karachi stated that Pakistani authorities have suspended the registration of a school here after some students danced to an Indian song and waved India's national flag during a cultural event, hurting the country's "national dignity". Meanwhile a show cause notice was issued to the school's owner on Wednesday to appear before the Directorate of Inspection and Registration of Private
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95