More than 11 resorts and staying places which were obstructing the pathway for elephants in Nilgiris were sealed by the government, and this included a resort owned by popular actor Mithun Chakraborty as well. Areas near Ooty like Masinagudi, Bokkapuram, Singaaram and Vaazhai Thottam are areas prone for movement of elephants. While these areas had lands allocated for construction of houses, they were used for building other structures.
Opposing this building of resorts and other residential structures in this area, there was trouble for movement of elephants and hence a case was filed against this in High court and an appeal was further made again at the Supreme Court. The judges who enquired the cases ordered the immediate sealing of 27 out of 39 resorts constructed without permissions, and also ordered verification of documents of the remaining 12 resorts, and seal them as well if there's no permission given.
While these resorts were given time
till August 25, as they failed to Submit documents, 11 of them except one which
was a house, were sealed, and this included monarch safari resort owned by
actor Mithun Chakraborty as well.
North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang Sources from Pyongyang reported that South Korean President MMoon Jae arrived in Pyongyang on Tuesday, where he was welcomed North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un in an elaborate ceremony, featuring a cheek to cheek hug. Accordingly the meeting between Moon and Kim came about four months after the two last met on May 26 inside the Demilitarized Zone that divides the two Koreas.
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!