More than 11 resorts and staying places which were obstructing the pathway for elephants in Nilgiris were sealed by the government, and this included a resort owned by popular actor Mithun Chakraborty as well. Areas near Ooty like Masinagudi, Bokkapuram, Singaaram and Vaazhai Thottam are areas prone for movement of elephants. While these areas had lands allocated for construction of houses, they were used for building other structures.
Opposing this building of resorts and other residential structures in this area, there was trouble for movement of elephants and hence a case was filed against this in High court and an appeal was further made again at the Supreme Court. The judges who enquired the cases ordered the immediate sealing of 27 out of 39 resorts constructed without permissions, and also ordered verification of documents of the remaining 12 resorts, and seal them as well if there's no permission given.
While these resorts were given time
till August 25, as they failed to Submit documents, 11 of them except one which
was a house, were sealed, and this included monarch safari resort owned by
actor Mithun Chakraborty as well.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue