DMK senior leader Duraimurugan has been unopposed chosen as the treasurer of the party and an official announcement of the same will be made sooner. DMK has reached a crucial stage following the death of DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi two weeks back, and the party is all set to have a new president and treasurer.
While a general body meeting of DMK is to be held with MK Stalin presiding over the meeting, on August 28, an election for leadership and treasurer post was scheduled during the meeting. Yesterday Stalin and Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the posts of DMK chief and treasurer respectively. One can withdraw nomination filed before August 27, 1:30 pm. The voting will happen on August 28.
In such a situation, nobody other
than senior member Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the post of treasurer
during today's nomination process and as the deadline for nominations was today
4 pm, with none other than Duraimurugan coming to file nominations, he was
unanimously chosen as the treasurer of DMK.
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal