DMK senior leader Duraimurugan has been unopposed chosen as the treasurer of the party and an official announcement of the same will be made sooner. DMK has reached a crucial stage following the death of DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi two weeks back, and the party is all set to have a new president and treasurer.
While a general body meeting of DMK is to be held with MK Stalin presiding over the meeting, on August 28, an election for leadership and treasurer post was scheduled during the meeting. Yesterday Stalin and Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the posts of DMK chief and treasurer respectively. One can withdraw nomination filed before August 27, 1:30 pm. The voting will happen on August 28.
In such a situation, nobody other
than senior member Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the post of treasurer
during today's nomination process and as the deadline for nominations was today
4 pm, with none other than Duraimurugan coming to file nominations, he was
unanimously chosen as the treasurer of DMK.
Gaja storm getting intensified! Chennai meteorological department director Balachandran had announced that when the Gaja storm arrives, the altitude of water levels will be raised by a height of more than one metre. During his latest Press meet held today, Balachandran had detailed on the Gaja storm and where it's centred currently.
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome
- AAP includes Jobs for Youth in its Manifesto
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated two major national highways
- Why TN CM defended protests against AR Murugadoss's Sarkar?
- Owner charged for forcing Indian Woman
- Cyclone Gaja expected to hit coastal Tamilnadu & AP
- Actor Mohan Babu in support of TRS Party
- Green Challenge thrown by Telangana Government
- Wildfire in California killed 23
- New Rule in solving problems faced in NRI Marriages
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao bridge anticipated to have 5G service
- AP CM Chandrababu Naidu expands his Cabinet with 2 Ministers