DMK senior leader Duraimurugan has been unopposed chosen as the treasurer of the party and an official announcement of the same will be made sooner. DMK has reached a crucial stage following the death of DMK chief Kalaignar M Karunanidhi two weeks back, and the party is all set to have a new president and treasurer.
While a general body meeting of DMK is to be held with MK Stalin presiding over the meeting, on August 28, an election for leadership and treasurer post was scheduled during the meeting. Yesterday Stalin and Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the posts of DMK chief and treasurer respectively. One can withdraw nomination filed before August 27, 1:30 pm. The voting will happen on August 28.
In such a situation, nobody other
than senior member Duraimurugan had filed nomination for the post of treasurer
during today's nomination process and as the deadline for nominations was today
4 pm, with none other than Duraimurugan coming to file nominations, he was
unanimously chosen as the treasurer of DMK.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?